Hypothetical Question

ED

Help me re. something I'm working on!

If you had to spend 5 years locked in a room, but could choose what you took in with you - what would it be?

The idea of this is that it easily allows you the supposed 10,000 hours you need to become an 'expert' at something, so no point saying stuff like:

Other people
Music
TV shows
Films

I'm struggling to think of anything more exciting then books or musical instruments.

Toilets and Matrix type food paste included. No Wifi  :mrgreen:

I guess the crux of the question is what object, with almost unlimited practice, could make you the most money once you've exited the damn place.

A language course and picture of Katie perry in a red sesame street T-shirt. Actually, ditch the language course.

Why not take in Katy Perry...theres only so long she can say no!

If no contact with the outside world is allowed then I'd get really good at throwing playing cards into a bowler hat like Bill Murray did in Groundhog Day. 

• Like 1

This thread reminded me of Chekhov's story 'The Bet', which you can read here.

....Then he remembered what followed that evening. It was decided that the young man should spend the years of his captivity under the strictest supervision in one of the lodges in the banker's garden. It was agreed that for fifteen years he should not be free to cross the threshold of the lodge, to see human beings, to hear the human voice, or to receive letters and newspapers. He was allowed to have a musical instrument and books, and was allowed to write letters, to drink wine, and to smoke. By the terms of the agreement, the only relations he could have with the outer world were by a little window made purposely for that object. He might have anything he wanted - books, music, wine, and so on - in any quantity he desired by writing an order, but could only receive them through the window. The agreement provided for every detail and every trifle that would make his imprisonment strictly solitary, ....

• Like 2

Â