Midweek football 3/4 March

andykeenan

so we win and everyone loses. 

I just did the predictor and basically if we beat Sunderland, point Swansea and Beat QPR and Burnley it's a done deal. 

Although our April is baaaad. If we get points against the big boys that month we should be fine. 

Hull and Baggies have an AWFUL final month.

West Brom v Liverpool
Man Utd v West Brom
Newcastle v West Brom
West Brom v Chelsea
Arsenal v West Brom

and

Hull v Arsenal
Hull v Burnley (good for us)
Spurs v Hull
Hull v Man Utd

Don't get me wrong, our April is pretty bad, but those sides will be fully aware they SHOULD be ahead of us going into the last month of the season. If they aren't they are down for me. 

Some very questionable refereeing decisions again tonight.

At Man City and at Newcastle in particular.

Shocking from the lineman at Newcastle, stonewall penalty infront of him and then a throw in decision the wrong way which led to uniteds goal

First win in 2015, first win for Sherwood, against Midlands rivals... eighth on MOTD tonight.

Normally they love games with penalty incidents?

Edited by jayEm

A rather splendid and tremendous 24 hours for Villa. Got the big win yesterday and everyone loses today. I still don't quite understand how we can be 3 clear of the bottom 3 after 3 wins since September. There is a lot of crap in the division, and hopefully 3 worse sides than us.

Watching the Stoke v Everton game, and can't believe a team as poor as Stoke could go 8th if things stay as they are. There team is no better than ours.

Stoke are bang in form. 23 points from 33 available since Xmas which would put them third in the table had the league started on boxing day.

Watching the Stoke v Everton game, and can't believe a team as poor as Stoke could go 8th if things stay as they are. There team is no better than ours.

Stoke are bang in form. 23 points from 33 available since Xmas which would put them third in the table had the league started on boxing day.
That they are, but as a team I'd say they have a squad comparable to ours. They're just playing with confidence and an effective game plan.

Our game with them showed that there was little between us. It's probably a case of them over achieving and us massively under achieving, but if Stoke can be placed in 8th then we should have had enough this season to be in the top 10 at this stage.

I think man for man they probably have the edge against us, but they have benefitted from good management and relative continuity over the years (Hughes plays slightly more expansive stuff than Pulis but they strike me as being from the same school of thought) which has cemented them as an established Premier League club.  It feels like they have been here forever which is quite an achievement considering  they didn't get promoted until 2008, having spent most of the previous 25 years bouncing between the lower leagues.  They aren't the most exciting club in the world but they have a model we really should be looking at.  I'd imagine they pay better wages than we do but they would have a harder time attracting players than we would just because of their reputation (I'm not sure location is a problem, Stoke is only half an hour south of the leafy suburbs of Cheshire which seem to be popular with Manchester United players).   I just think it's important to give them credit for their good form at the moment, they have been picking points up at an incredible rate. We were a point ahead of them on Christmas day, now we are 17 points adrift. 

It is the latter IMO but that's what gives it the "exciting" tag

As for utd, they're an incredibly poor team but with superstar players who can pull them out of the shit, I don't know the stats off the top of my head but I think they've actually got one of the better defences in the league and de gea has been world class, I also think they're "back" and by that I think some of the dodgy decisions that finally they weren't getting last year have crept back in this year

Edited by villa4europe

Â