Might as well dream...

Dodgyknees

We can forget about FFP because our new owners will find us someone to pay £200m to have naming rights for the Holte End refreshment kiosks.

Well no, not really. PSG's sponsorship deal with the QTA failed the UEFA fair value test. Laurent Blanc has been moaning about how they've been impacted by sanctions.

You can't just sponsor a shit, under achieving football club, who have won nothing for pushing twenty years, to the tune of £200M and claim fair value.

Manchester City managed it and given the way the World Cup bid has gone I would back our Qatari group to learn from the PSG situation and smooth things with UEFA for us. Although I do take your point and this is a bit Fantasy Island after all. ;) 

So I would spend my first £50m and some spare change on bringing in Ross Barkley, Gary Cahill, James Milner, Raheem Sterling and Saido Berahino.      

You forgot to mention Wroy. A very English selection, no? What's the deal?

I have every confidence in this group of players. I believe in them because these are players worthy of believing in. But it’s going to be very much a case of what those players can actually do when I show my confidence in them, tell them I think they’re the men for the job:D

So I would spend my first £50m and some spare change on bringing in Ross Barkley, Gary Cahill, James Milner, Raheem Sterling and Saido Berahino.

I doubt £50m would buy us two of those players, let alone the whole list.

I think we might get 3 with less than £50m (Berahino, Milner and Cahill). I also mentioned some (which I admit would be rather a lot of) spare change... :D 

I doubt £50m would buy us two of those players, let alone the whole list.

I like Berahino -- who doesn't? -- but I feel Sterling is overrated. Not all that impressed with Barkley. Cahill getting old -- would be too pricey, too.

I can see Cahill giving us a few more years in the way Terry has at Chelsea. I think Barkley can become a very good player following his dream move to us and that Sterling may yet prove to be more than a one season wonder although if Liverpool want silly money we could move for Bale instead. ;)  

As DK82 said earlier "It does say dream".  :) 

• Like 1

If I'm dreaming we're charging to a new future I'll have Diego Simeone as manager thanks...

Ben Davies and Dejan Lovren would be good players we could nick for less than they're worth after shaky seasons.

Milner on a free, maybe Ings if they weren't after disgusting wages.

Were not going to suddenly be able to spend 50 mill though are we because of FFP?

Man City breached FFP and got a suspended slap on the wrist and told they couldn't take an extra three players into the Champions League... Why shouldn't we be able to do it if we get an oil magnate? All we need is someone with a shedload of cash who is willing to show the middle finger to UEFA and sign a cheque then they complain that we didn't abide to FFP...

They clearly aren't willing to play by the rules and UEFA don't have the balls to punish them by forcing relegation, removing championships etc (Like they did with Juventus for, ahem, CHEATING)... What Man City's owners have done with spending beyond their means and dictating football around the world with 'Sister clubs' so they could sign Frank Lampard on the free stinks of corruption...

Why can't we have some of that?

Were not going to suddenly be able to spend 50 mill though are we because of FFP?

Man City breached FFP and got a suspended slap on the wrist and told they couldn't take an extra three players into the Champions League... Why shouldn't we be able to do it if we get an oil magnate? All we need is someone with a shedload of cash who is willing to show the middle finger to UEFA and sign a cheque then they complain that we didn't abide to FFP...

They clearly aren't willing to play by the rules and UEFA don't have the balls to punish them by forcing relegation, removing championships etc (Like they did with Juventus for, ahem, CHEATING)... What Man City's owners have done with spending beyond their means and dictating football around the world with 'Sister clubs' so they could sign Frank Lampard on the free stinks of corruption...

Why can't we have some of that?

You're mixing up domestic ffp and uefa ffp. Uefas applies only to European competition, there are no domestic sanctions, they're up to the fa in 2016

Neil Taylor (Swansea)- Always impressed me playing for them. Was linked to Palace for 3m in the last window.

Abdendour (Monaco)- I doubt he'd want to leave Monte Carlo in a hurry but you never know, Crossroads is on local Brummie TV again after all. Impressed me a lot v Arsenal, looked a Vidic style centre half, think he'd do well in the premier league.

Shawcross- Sort of no nonsense defender we need, Clark has improved but still quite a way off this level.

Diego (Fernebache)- Was actually linked with us and Everton in one of the papers today, don't think he's settled at Fener. Quite well paid wherever he goes but good midfielder playmaker.

Tomas Rincon (Genoa)- Tenacious central midfielder, had a good season for Genoa after losing his way at Hamburg. Was on a free last summer so one we could've realistically pursued even in our current state.

Feghouli (Valencia)- Would love this bloke, would create a similar impact to Young I reckon. Valencia are on the up again and don't need to sell though.

Rondon (Zenit St. Petersburg)- Had an excellent goalscorer record at Malaga and continued in Russia. Another who'll end up in the prem eventually with his pace and strength.

Â