Brain of Britain

mjmooney

• 3 weeks later...

Semifinal today, 3.00 pm, R4 (iPlayer thereafter). It's like watching Villa lose, but hoping they'll somehow win on MOTD.

Pick yourself up and go again Mike.

Pretty decent performance I thought.

Great opening round but then the right questions didn't fall MM's way: better fortune could have made a huge difference.

It seems like the target has to be above 20 in the semis but as the record score is 38, presumably the final must be even higher.

Disappointing but I would have rather been in Mooney's shoes than the poor woman who waited so long for her first point and had to endure being patronised by him in the chair. :angry:

Edited by MakemineVanilla

It really is luck of the draw. The woman who came last (who was pretty fit, BTW!) was very good in the heats, but got a run of stinker questions. Same for the Scots guy, who was the one I feared the most based on the previous round. The guy who beat me was undoubtedly good, (I believe he's a former Mastermind winner) but was borderline cheating, by pressing his light button way too early - we watched his first round game being recorded and he was doing it then, too. At least 3 or 4 instances of it in the semifinal. Then again I made too many bad 50/50 choices - threw away four by changing my mind from my initial (correct) first choice - the rugby world cup country, archery, Edward II and another one that now escapes my mind. Win some/lose some. Enjoyed it, though.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Â