Who do you blame for Villa's current situation?

Marka Ragnos

Who's to blame for Villa's current situation?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who's mostly to blame for Villa's current situation?

• Randy Lerner
    • Tom Fox
    • The players
    • "The System" -- FFP, the ELP, the FA
    • Supporters
    • Paul Lambert
    • Fate, fortunate, bad luck, etc.
    • Other - please explain below

.......It depends how deep you want to go.

The owner changed his objective after 4 years, to try and get back his wasted millions.

That changed the way we buy players and ended up buying players no better or worse than we were letting go.....its been a downward spiral ever since under different managers who have added no value.

I guess it has to be Mr Randolph Lerner for reducing the transfer budget and appointing managers who have failed.

Lerner 100%. He had a chance to get rid of Lambert in the summer and didn't. He's made bad decision after bad decision which will eventually cost himself a lot of money, and us out top flight status.

The owner changed his objective after 4 years, to try and get back his wasted millions.

That's where I disagree and why I said Platini, in my mind the owner changed his objective after 4 years because UEFA implemented rules that said he had to

2 major goalposts have moved sin pace Lerner bought us, 1st was man city, 2nd was the most unfair fair play rule imaginable

Again in my mind it's the same reason Lerner can't sell us, you'd be insane to buy a football club with these rules

• Like 1

I would have said Lerner, but as much as I hate his (lack of) leadership I hate 'the system' more. Modern football, in England especially, is rigged in favour of the rich and powerful. It's a perfect symbol for much of what's wrong with society, really.

• Like 3

Lerner overall but for this season specificially Lambert. We shouldn't be in this position with the squad we've had and although I think bad luck's played a part in it he was the one who let the confidence get to this stage. It's just shameful, absolutely shameful.

Edited by Mantis

Lerner had been a long, slow car crash for the club.

Finally I understand why Cleveland Browns fans composed songs about how much they hated him and put them on Youtube.

One of my closest friends is a Browns fan, and Lerner remains pretty much a bad taste in Browns' fans mouths, years after he sold out. He was seen as a do-nothing, asleep-at-the-wheel owner. Sound familiar?

• Like 1

All started with MoN for me. He blew too much mony. That started the ball rolling. People moan at Lerner but he's spent 100s of millions on our club.

And Lerner appointed MON.

Doug will say otherwise

• Like 2

Lerner for the huge amount of mistakes over the past 9 years. I mean, who spends money they can't afford trying to win a lottery of finishing fourth.

Lerner for the ridiculous cutbacks. This is not NFL buddy. We can go down.

Lerner for the four year contract to Lambert. I mean, **** hell.

Lambert for driving the morale of the players down.

Lambert for being too scared, for trying not to lose before trying to win and for killing any confidence the players had.

Lambert for the tactics which have taken away the freedom from players, which they struggle to get back.

Fox for dithering whilst Aston burned.

• Like 1

Has to be Lerner, you can't seriously look anywhere else. From McLeish onwards we've been a joke. The cost cutting should have been approached with a far less heavy hand. When it was clear (last 3 years) that we did not have the the youngsters good enough to save us we should have invested in the squad much more. Like double the amounts at least.

If he wasn't going to help Lambert he should have sacked him in December and then made 40m available to a new man with the aim of securing premier league TV income.

We are currently in very deep shit and the championship is a very hard league to win.