Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

We need this to be the game to change our fortunes and start the green shoots. And it could be, being a derby and all

But they have got it together since Pulis came in and have enough belief to beat a team bereft of confidence and ideas. Berahino has been good for a while now, is he out for this double header do we know? Hopefully, think Anichebe is out too which is good as he has Clark's number

We just need to score because as soon as we miss chances the inevitable happens, heads drop and we generally give up.

1-1 I think

-----------------Guzan---------------
Hutton----Vlaar----Clark----Lowton
------Cleverley-----Sanchez-----
-------------------Gil-----------------
----Bacuna----------Sinclair-----
--------------Benteke---------------

Delph Wiemann and Gabby should be dropped. Terrible form. To be even worse than Cleverley is saying something. Westwood is not good enough. Lowton played well at left back.. since the others are crocked he should retain his spot. Bacuna and Gil HAVE to be starting. They have goals in them and movement. 

• Like 1

Massive game - if we can just get the win we might be able to string a few decent results together.

I have a horrible feeling Craig Gardner will score the winner!

I may have a bet on him scoring in the 90mins
  • Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Lowton

Westwood Cleverly

Bacuna Gil Sinclair

Benteke

I like that team but I'd play vlaar over okore. The time is now people, this is the game where we have to show up and have 100% from everybody. Get the first goal and do them on the counter for a couple more. They have injury doubts over Ideye and berahinio so hopefully they miss out.
  • Like 1

I can't wait until this game is over (and the FAC) not because I care anything about the unwashed nor am I concerned about the possibility of losing to them, it's because I can't stand seeing Craig Gardner's words. Build a bridge mate and get over it, we have.

I'm certain of a Villa win, probably in both game.

Massive game - if we can just get the win we might be able to string a few decent results together.

I have a horrible feeling Craig Gardner will score the winner!

I may have a bet on him scoring in the 90mins

Or 93rd minute when game is at 0-0

I didn't watch the whole game on Saturday but from what I did see it seemed Lowton was quite effective going forward for us. I would keep him in at LB.

Guzan

Hutton

Vlaar

Clark

Lowton

Sanchez

Delph
Cleverley

Sinclair

Benteke

Gil/Bacuna

2-1 to Villa!

• Like 1

I didn't watch the whole game on Saturday but from what I did see it seemed Lowton was quite effective going forward for us. I would keep him in at LB.

I'd like to see him and Hutton swapped.

Hutton will be just as good defensivley on the left, you would have thought.

And whilst Hutton gets forward well, his delivery is poor.

Lowton's delivery is good, but it was hampered on Saturday by him having to use his left foot or cut in onto his right.

If he's played on the right I think his delivery would be a lot more effective.

• Like 1

If Albion want to win it they will, 

This is WBA we are talking about here not Chelsea.

On paper they are no better than us, in fact I would argue they are worse. What they have had is a huge boost under a manager that is able to get the best out of players.

I liked what I saw from us on Saturday though. We played well, created a number of chances and played with an urgency and desire I hadn’t seen before this season.  I think the penny has finally dropped that we are in a battle. I expect us to apply ourselves the same way tomorrow and if we can take one of the chances that I am sure we will create or if we have a little bit more of a run of the ball then I am confident we will get a positive result.

• Like 3