What's your favorite European club?

Marka Ragnos

Inter Milan

No such team

[/pedant] ;)

Disagree. Their name is FC Internazionale Milano. They are colloquially known across the globe as Inter Milan. It's a bit like chastising somebody for referring to us as "The Villa".

[/pedant] ;)

Edit - an even better example is calling Wolverhampton Wanderers - "Wolves". It is accepted as a name for the club in my opinion and the opinion of the fans, which is about all that matters. Interestingly Wolves have many names, The Dingles being one. Another is The Dog Heads. Facts...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Milan, unfortunately. Even when they were good, it was a "what could have been" type scenario. 2 Champions League titles in the 2000s was good, but only 1 Serie A title to go with it, Ancelotti is such a poor league manager.

From Nesta, Maldini, Rui Costa, Sheva, Kaka' and Pippo to shite like Honda, Muntari and Bonera. Delightful.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

Obviously from my screen name you can guess i'm a fan of A.S Roma , had the pleasure of going over there in 2003 to watch them play Parma (Roma won 2-1 ) , I actually first started supporting them in the late 90's after watching a report about them when Channel 4 still had the Italian football on , They reminded me abit of the Villa , big club that was underachieving .

But the player that stood out for me was Francesco Totti , the man is a feckin god I have Villa shirts with his name and number on I know that sounds completley stupid but screw it lol 

• Like 1

As a couple have said, I've had a soft spot for Bilbao since our UEFA Cup tie against them. Still look out to see how they're doing a few times each season.

Had a similar soft spot for AEK Athens since the time about about 15, 16 years ago when the mates I traveled to the game with had a Greek AEK fan staying over with them. He was a real character, came to the game with us, we chatted for a good while about Villa, AEK and our respective leagues, rivals, etc.

For a similar reason I quite like Schalke 04 too. Spent a week working in London in the mid-90s, and made friends with some Germans working the same event. They convinced me that Schalke were the German equivalent of Villa - proud history, located in industrial heartland, loyal but success-starved support, overshadowed by the soul-less corporate behemoths of the league at the time and feeling like falling further behind.

No others I can think of that I care a jot about, though.

pity they moved from the Wankdorf stadium 

We have a petition to get the old name back because nobody in the entire city calls it "Stade de Suisse".

Like if Randy were to rename Villa park....It would still be Villa park to the fans instead of the new name.

Â