What's your favorite European club?

Marka Ragnos

Do you support any particular European club or clubs? Why?

Other questions:

How committed of a supporter are you? Are you a distant admirer, or have you been to any matches at the home stadium. What's it like to be a supporter of the club? How does it compare to supporting AVFC or other English clubs?

I would LOVE to hear what you all have to say on this subject. Honestly, can't wait to read the responses!!!!!

And I'm St. Etienne, by the way. I've been interested in "Leeg Uh" for a long time, but it took me a while to settle on St. Etienne after dalliances with PSG. I'm a distant admirer, for sure, but I've enjoyed seeing the players they cultivate. I was sad to see them sell Aubumayang the year before last, and I still follow him and love his pace!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

dont follow any now but when i was a kid my favourite european team was ajax. my favourite player though played for barcelona and his name was stoichkov so i also had a soft spot for them but yeah ajax was my favourite, you had the de boer brothers, kluivert,litmanen and many other great players. 

I don't really follow anyone other than Villa.

But I think my favourite team is Barcelona.

I know that's the least original thing anyone has ever said. But I can't help it.

I think the club I'd most like Villa to be like is Atletico Madrid

• Like 4

There's teams I like to see do well, like Atletico and Stuttgart, but I don't really care.

That said, I don't even care about the A-League, which is on my doorstep. I'd rather see Adelaide United fold that see Villa lose the next game, even though I nominally support them.

You don't really support a team until it hurts when they lose.

• Like 1

I must admit I have a soft spot for Villareal. Tiny town of 50000, they play football how it should be played and Vietto I think is a wonderful prospect. I also like Wolfsburg and Karlsruher from Bundesliga 2. In Argentina its Racing Club. 

I do like watching La Liga in general, because technically its so much better than the Premier League. Barcelona are much more interesting to watch this season. I even enjoy watching Altletico at home, especially when they thrash Real Madrid. I'm not a Ronaldo fan. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Don't really follow anyone, but I'm always pleased to see Athletic Bilbao doing well, due to the UEFA Cup games we played against them a while back. Oh and I've got a daft fascination with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

• Like 1

Real Madrid because I lived in Madrid (although I also lived in Valencia, but Madrid was first).

And Volendam FC. Proper hipster I am.

I'm actually going to see Volendam in May. Their games usually involve a decent amount of goals so hopefully it'll be an exciting game (either that or it'll be low quality dross).

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Barcelona for me too. They've always had the star players that I dreamed of going to see like Romario, Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Messi to name but a few. Athletic Bilbao is a good shout too, that job they did on Utd a few years ago was incredible. Come to think of it, any team that's playing Utd.

• Like 2

Lazio, always liked watching them on Channel 4 back in the day and had some great players like Nesta, Signori, Veron and great manager in Sven

always look out for a few other teams around Europe that I have seen live like Hertha but not that interested

Â