The Brits 2015 inspired by AVFCLaura

Genie

I turned on to watch Kanye only to find they completely ruined it by muting half the song because he swore a bit (after the watershed). Dickheads.

I looked on Twitter and Facebook right after Kanye's performance and it was unanimously slated as awful but was improved slightly by brief periods of silence.

I'd never heard the song so was keen to hear it. Sounded ok, But any performance/song where you can only hear half of it is going to be pretty disappointing.

I can't believe they did it tbh.

Whoever produces the show and books the artists must be absolute muppets

I can only assume they were so desperate to get him on, they didn't think to maybe discuss a more suitable track for live broadcast?!

Even 75% muted, it was still the most rock and roll performance of the night, which shows what kind of a state British 'popular' music is in at the moment!

Where are all the mentalists?!

Where are all the bands and acts that make the Daily Mail write headlines about corrupting the youth of the nation?!

Boring as foook

• Like 2

I'd never heard the song so was keen to hear it. Sounded ok, But any performance/song where you can only hear half of it is going to be pretty disappointing.

I can't believe they did it tbh.

Whoever produces the show and books the artists must be absolute muppets

I can only assume they were so desperate to get him on, they didn't think to maybe discuss a more suitable track for live broadcast?!

Even 75% muted, it was still the most rock and roll performance of the night, which shows what kind of a state British 'popular' music is in at the moment!

Where are all the mentalists?!

Where are all the bands and acts that make the Daily Mail write headlines about corrupting the youth of the nation?!

Boring as foook

He was a last minute addition so maybe that was it.

Or maybe he didn't realise the "N word" counted as a swear, which is apparently what they were trying to blank out.

What annoyed me is it was post watershed.

There was nothing edgy about kanye's performance, it was like something from a Drama/performing arts class. I think on that kind of stage, rap must be really hard to pull of and West just doesn't have the stage presence.

I must be getting old. Surely music was better when I was a lad? Twenty years ago the winners list was -

British breakthrough act: Oasis

British album: Blur - Parklife

British female solo artist: Eddi Reader

British male solo artist: Paul Weller

British group: Blur

International male solo artist: Prince

International female solo artist: k.d. Lang

International group: R.E.M.

British single: Blur - Parklife

Best video: Blur - Parklife

British producer: Nellee Hooper

Interestingly Ant and Dec were up for British Breakthrough act as PJ and Duncan, and Madonna performed Bedtime Stories.

Music was so much better then.

It's a complete and utter shambles at the minute. There isn't one interesting artist. Where's the characters? 

You know music is shit when Ed Sheeran and Royal Blood are two of the biggest artists. Both are so dull, you can tell they're just really boring people, and it shines through their music. 

Foo Fighters winning an award is just as bad, does it get any more boring than the Foo Fighters. 

Edited by PieFacE

I want Swift to be my friend. She seems so nice

really? or sarcasm?

because everytime i hear her speak, she seems really odd and gives the impression of being really bitchy in private and up her own arse.

ive thought that for a while now, not just because of the Brits.

i do like some of her music though, good songwriter, even though i wouldn't have thought i'd like her music.

really? or sarcasm?

because everytime i hear her speak, she seems really odd and gives the impression of being really bitchy in private and up her own arse.

i do like some of her music though, good songwriter, even though i wouldn't have thought i'd like her music.

Whether its all for show or not, the way Taylor Swift treats her fans does seem pretty cool to be honest.

really? or sarcasm?

She seems to be genuinely the nicest person on the planet ... And also possibly the dimmest person on the planet at the same time ... Which may explain why she does appear odd sometimes

really? or sarcasm?

She seems to be genuinely the nicest person on the planet ... And also possibly the dimmest person on the planet at the same time ... Which may explain why she does appear odd sometimes

She's got nothing in her brain. That's what people say. 

really? or sarcasm?

She's got nothing in her brain. That's what people say. 

She may be dim, but by all accounts she is just a genuinely nice person.

Which i am thinking, given her fame isn't actually that easy.

It would do my nut in

Â