Tony Parks

Villan4Life

Kevin Mac was only ever going to be an interim appointment e.g. someone who knew the club and a lot of our players so could help Sherwood out in that respect.

Dunno if he's gone back to coaching the kids but I never saw him as a long term coach in the Sherwood set up.

Only times I saw Stan was when the players were walking into the ground after pre match briefing. He was never on the bench and indeed he was in the Sky studio when we played Man. City away so fair to say he wasn't a key part of the backroom staff.

• 10 months later...

Officially left the club.

Aston Villa Football Club would like to thank Eric Black for his efforts last season, especially in his role as interim manager, and wishes him well in the future now he has left the Club.

Tony Parks has left his role as goalkeeping coach. We would like to thank him and he also goes with our best wishes for the future.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/06/21/thank-you-to-eric-and-tony

Yeah it's worth noting Guzan was on the slow decline last year of Lambert so I don't think it's right to blame Parks, Bunn is just an average back up keeper.

I was surprised he stayed on under Garde tbh as I saw him as a key part of the Sherwood circus. 

Â