AVR#111 an Aston Villa podcast. Sherwood starts with a loss.

The_Rev

FEBRUARY 23, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 111 - a losing start for Tim Sherwood
Aston Villa's new manager, Tim Sherwood, took charge of his first Premier League game on Saturday and the result put paid to early hope that we might have a miracle worker on our hands. Stoke City visited Villa Park and came from behind to take all three points thanks to a stoppage time Victor Moses penalty. And it had all started so brightly, too.

With that, Villa drop to 19th in the table. In this week's show Chris and Steve pick over the bones of the 2-1 home loss and try to find some positives in amongst the dirge. We preview next weekend's trip to Newcastle United and make some assumptions about Villa's short-term future. One thing's for sure: we need points, and we need them fast.

Link to episode page

Click to play / right-click to download (MP3)

• Like 2

FEBRUARY 23, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 111 - a losing start for Tim Sherwood
Aston Villa's new manager, Tim Sherwood, took charge of his first Premier League game on Saturday and the result put paid to early hope that we might have a miracle worker on our hands. Stoke City visited Villa Park and came from behind to take all three points thanks to a stoppage time Victor Moses penalty. And it had all started so brightly, too.

With that, Villa drop to 19th in the table. In this week's show Chris and Steve pick over the bones of the 2-1 home loss and try to find some positives in amongst the dirge. We preview next weekend's trip to Newcastle United and make some assumptions about Villa's short-term future. One thing's for sure: we need points, and we need them fast.

Link to episode page

Click to play / right-click to download (MP3)

Huge contradiction from the start , " thats it we are down" , "we still have time"

Not really.

That reflects the views of a large portion of the fanbase I imagine. It certainly reflects mine.

I think we're going to get relegated. "We are down"

But the actual fact is we still have time to turn it around.

One is opinion, the other is fact.

I think the problem now, is that none of us can envisage a turn around like ones we've needed in the past. There seems to no catalyst from within the players. That's why Lambert should have gone earlier. I think it was Steve who called it in the show. this group of players seem to have run they're race. Non of them seem up for the fight like in previous years.

It was my biggest fear With Lambert ditching the 'youthful' recruitment. Simply non of our experienced pros seem to care if they have a relegation on their CV. Lamberts first year seemed to be pushed along by a group of young pros striving to prove they could hack it in this league. I don't see anyone playing like that.

Â