Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Would like to see Gil play more centrally. He seemed lost out on the wing against Stoke. Need to get him on the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch, rather than have him hugging the touchline, and failing to get his cross in.

I'm not going into it again, but I hate this lot. Almost as much as sha. They'll revel in the chance to put another nail in the coffin. I'll take a point right now, and hopefully we'll give a decent account of ourselves. Seems unlikely though, think we'll get a spanking.

................Guzan

Hutton.Okore.Clark.Cissohko

.Cleverly.Westwood.Delph

Gil..........Benteke........Sinclair

that's how we should line up against Newcastle IMO

4-4-2 doesn't suit our players (but then again, what formation does!)

That looks spot on to me 

• Like 1

a loss and we're done for it. I think we'll lose. optimism is pretty much out the window at this point. please prove me wrong though and give me some of that torturous hope to cling on to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26043687

Emmanuel Adebayor scored twice as Tottenham maintained their challenge for a top-four finish with victory over a Newcastle side short of confidence.

Adebayor put Spurs ahead when he tapped in after Tim Krul had palmed Nabil Bentaleb's cross into his path.

The only thing that gives me hope is this result a year ago.

We need to learn how to take a corner.

In the Stoke match, we had so many corners that were awful beyond belief.

and we did the same thing again & again, the same positioning, the same awful kick into the box, the same no Villa player on the end of it.

Did you hear me Saturday? 15 minute mark give or take. Poor bloke next to me has a perforated ear drum. 

• Like 2

we lack scorers.. yet we dont pick teams to score goals.. not even Timmy did. 

---------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton-------Okore------Clark---Richardson (if fit)

--------Cleverley------------Westwood------

-----------------------Gil-------------------------

Bacuna-------------------------------Sinclair

-----------------Benteke--------------------

- Richardson linked up well with Sinclair.. id like to keep that going. Bacuna is a goal scorer... hes scores goals and takes good set pieces. 

- Gil needs the BALL. He is wasted on the wing.. why pick him on his weaker foot side too.. all he does is cut in... lets see him get to the bi line and cross.. its too easy crossing early for big defenders.

- Midfield is a lottery.. pick any of the four and we wont get much difference. I want to see hardworkers.. Bring Cleverley back. lets see him under Tim as he looked good in the second half against Leicester. 

- Sanchez has been poor and Delph doesnt look right.. he has no presence in midfield. Doesnt bother me who plays from the midfield although Gil must start there.

- BACUNA ON SET PIECES. I cant believe Wiemann. Westwood Delphs corners.. all woeful. Probably doesnt help that theres no movement. Sinclair and Bacuna will make runs beyond Benteke.. 

- Grealish MUST be on the bench.. we need an outlet on the wings when it doesnt work. 

• Like 1

If you look at the league table on the right of this linked page strangely enough Cardiff were in exactly the same place as us with exactly the same amount of points and a similar goal difference and look what happened to them.

When did we last win up there? I can only think of 2005/06 when bowyer and dyer got sent off, if memory

Serves correct we've lost 5-0, 2-1, 1-0 and drew 1-1 in the last 4 games

Edited by Jimzk5

We have an atrocious record at St James' Park. We could do with two of their players fighting and getting sent off.

Whenever there have been fights on the pitch what has happened this season? Just sayin'  :rolleyes:

If you look at the league table on the right of this linked page strangely enough Cardiff were in exactly the same place as us with exactly the same amount of points and a similar goal difference and look what happened to them.

We may as well give up then.

When did we last win up there? I can only think of 2005/06 when bowyer and dyer got sent off, if memory

Serves correct we've lost 5-0, 2-1, 1-0 and drew 1-1 in the last 4 games

Was 6-0, rather than 5-0. :(

------------Guzan------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Delph

----Gil Benteke Sinclair----

Is the right answer

I've been waiting to see this team in this formation all season.

Its our best team and most people know it.

Probably won't ever happen though.

• Like 1

------------Guzan------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Delph

----Gil Benteke Sinclair----

Is the right answer

I've been waiting to see this team in this formation all season.

Its our best team and most people know it.

Probably won't ever happen though.

Well maybe not ALL season, as we only signed 2 of the players in it in January ;)

But I know what you mean, let's hope TS goes with it on Sat.