Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

I'd ring the changes for this one. For me only Clark, Hutton and Sinclair came out of the Stoke match with any credit.

I'd play:

Guzan (I'd like to drop him for his shocking distribution but Given is just too weak on crosses for me

Hutton

Clark

Tetchi Jores Charlemagne Ulrich Okore

Richard on (I think he's been poor since joining us, but did better than Ali on Saturday)

Gil

Westwood

Cleverley

Nzogbia (if fit. Last chance saloon for him)

Sinclair

Bacuna

the front two looks mad, but Weimann is just a headless chicken at the moment, Benteke is weak and lazy and Agbonlahor is just stealing a living. I'm cross at Benteke. Realistically I'd probably keep him in for one more game, and put Bacuna in on the wing for Nzogbia. Bacuna and Sinclair are our only goal threats. For that reason alone they need to play.

I don't think it matters. We will lose, and I don't expect us to even be in the race come the last day of the season. 

I'd hate to be the team that's on the end of the Newcastle backlash following their game today....

:mellow:

Why would there be a backlash? If we got spanked 5-0 (who am I kidding 'if'!) there would be no backlash from us. The Newcastle players confidence will be severely dented after that result.

A draw is the best I think we will do. I have a horrible feeling it will be a crushing defeat**  :(

** although what do I know. I thought we'd beat Stoke!

Nervy victory for us. All the negative talk about them wanting to send us down but how many of the players involved in the relegation team will face us on Saturday?

Their team is full of foreigners that already appear to be on their holidays so after a week on the training ground with Sherwood and KMac I expect three points for us.

A must not lose game for us although we could really do with a win after Saturday. Every game we have left this season is a must win/draw other than the games with the two Manchester clubs, Southampton and Spurs where anything other than a sound spanking would be a bonus.

I would try Given (on his old patch), Hutton, Cissokho, Clark, Okore, Gil, Cleverley, Westwood, Delph, Sinclair & Benteke for this one.  

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood   Delph

Bacuna         Gil         Sinclair

Benteke

This in away games for the rest of the season barring injury imo