• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Another gutless, spineless performance from a gutless and spineless team

i am not having a go at Sherwood but I have always questioned changing managers this late in the season. Lambert should have been fired at XMAS and the new manager handed a decent transfer kitty. I believe that Lerner/Fox left it late so they diddnt have to spend in the January window. Sherwood will now become the new puppet for Lerner.....keep us up without spending cash. That leaves Tim a really difficult, if not impossible task. By rights, all our anger should have been directed at Lerner! Sherwood needs to become yet another 'miracle worker' whilst Lerner escapes the considerable flak that he deserves after 4 years of underinvestment! Please Mr Lerner, give us back our club!

Right I'd take relegation if it guarantees that Lerner goes!

Lerner cant sell the club now, he is gonna have no chance when we drop to the championship. Who is gonna pay his asking price? We go down we are stuck with him and I really see no light at the end of the tunnel!

I hope Lerner goes bust...he deserves to!

• Like 1

Literally feel sick to my stomach. Can't remember feeling so low about being a villa fan, I am absolutely ashamed of the boys playing for the club. I genuinely feel that they don't care if we go down, that was it for me, I give up.

Have you only just come to the conclusion that they don't give a shit?

Just got back from game, dejected (again)

For me Guzan should be replaced by given for the rest of the season, as soon as the pen was rightfully rewarded I had no faith is Guzan getting near it, given made a world class save Sunday & change is needed

For the 1st Stoke goal, ally should have shielded the ball better for a goal kick but he gave away a throwing to which the hoofers sent in the cross for the goal

What's wrong with delph? No driving runs? FFS this is Stoke ,

Gabby... The last game i seen gabby put a class performance was against Man U at Wembley,trust him to get the goals to keep us up? NO

Ron should have delt with the 1st ball & that's that,

Sanchez looks lost

HOPE... Bacuna/sendaros/kozak, might make a impact

Edited by cbr600rr

Terrible performance, we were good til we scored but then sat way too deep and had nobody to put their foot on the ball and calm things down.  We invited too much pressure and got what we deserved in the end imo.  Hoofball should only be an option and not our only approach.  

Sinclair MOTM

The only good thing about today was seeing Rob for the first time in ages . Like he said "if we lose to these we are going down" & he is right. Different manager same crap football

Ha :D

I thought we looked ok (less sideways passing, a decent goal) before the 45th minute when Clogger City scored.

Second half was pretty cack and topped off with Vlaaar's **** up it all points to the trapdoor. Doubt I'll be hurrying back to watch this lot

• Like 1

Clearly the big hope is that Benteke would score the goals that would fire us to safety. TS said as much - only problem is that he is playing so,so poorly - he was going up for headers with his shoulder today. I think its a popular myth that he would be fine if he had better service (sure that would help) - but even when he gets the ball he is scarcely capable of finding another villa man with a pass - the softest of challenges knock him of the ball - sling as many crosses in as you like - with his technique and application today it wouldn't make any difference...

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1

Poor result.

The midfield is just not good enough, to content to play in front of the opposition midfield and not in the gap between their midfield and defence.

Gabby was woeful,Gil bullied out of the game and Guzan to slow at getting the ball back out into play. Sinclair and Clark did well, Hutton was committed.

Against Newcastle I would pack the midfield and play Sinclair off Benteke and hope to pinch a goal but would hopefully get at least a point and build from there.

Missed the game as I was travelling back from the South Coast so had to make do with Pat Murphy's smug jibes at Villa on Five Live when he provided periodic updates. How he hates Villa ever since his bestie mate MON left.

The trouble is we should have pushed Lambert before Christmas. As it is I think Sherwood just won't have enough games to save us. We have a decent squad of players but we just lack goals. Beneteke is now an embarrassment and as for Gabby he has not looked like a premiership player for years. Weimann was a player I used to seriously rate but sadly I don't think he is premiership grade either. 

Oh f****** f***.

This was not the result I expected to see.

What now?

Get your map of England out and work out where we have to go next season?

Â