• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Not all Vlaaar's fault -- at all. We should have been further ahead. We're still not getting balls in the back of the net. So don't pin this disaster totally on Vlaar! He had a moment of madness. At least he was trying.

Vlaar single handedly cost us a point. No two ways about it.

Except ... there are two ways.

Today saw a number of players found out for what they are ..... as in "not very good" !!!

Teckers didn't work hard enough, Gabby with another no-show and Sinclair spent the game lost in the centre when he should have been our outlet ball on the flanks. The midfield was out-muscled and yes ..... we really did miss Cleverley !!!

We go again ! #lambertout

Edited by Paul33

Not all Vlaaar's fault -- at all. We should have been further ahead. We're still not getting balls in the back of the net. So don't pin this disaster totally on Vlaar! He had a moment of madness. At least he was trying.

He was never getting to it. It would have went in if he didn't at least try.

• Like 3

6 defeats in a row. For the 2nd time this season. 13 goals in 26 games. We deserve to go down this season in honesty but we still have time.

Clark was brilliant today, Sinclair was good too. The rest were pretty poor so much for the new manager syndrome. I really think this is our year. The summer is gonna be 3 long months of pain.

• Like 2

After that horrible first 90 minutes, I can't believe people have the temerity to blame Vlaar. Yes, he screwed up badly. He knows it, no question. But the match was already lost.

Too many passengers in this Villa team now. Too many "token" tackles and a severe lack of effort. You can forgive a genuine lack of quality but not a lack of heart. Stoke were first to every loose ball and tackle. That's the reason we're going down. Feel sorry for Tim after seeing that. He's got a massive, if not impossible job on his hands.

Well he could have not passed it to the Stoke player in the first place. Also, Guzan would have had a much better chance than the penalty.

Prior to their winner there was a game of head tennis in the middle of the field. It always amazes me how this happens at professional level where they keep heading it up in the air or flicking it on blindly. it dropped to one of their players right in the centre circle who slipped a handy pass forward. Vlaar shows why he is Concrete Ron with his heavy touch and the rest is history.

How can players be so inept.

Then there is the long ball to Benteke who flicks it on (mostly directly to the side) but no forward player takes a gamble to get ahead of him. What's the plan there? Win the knock down and pass it back to Benteke?

Surely the point of a knock down or flick on is to catch the defence flat footed so our supposed speed merchants can get a run on them.

Then there's the corners but ill stop there cause I feel a bout of angina coming on.

**** Villa are so frustrating

Edited by jonny-recession
  • Like 3

eh I think he means because he handed the ball to Moses, not because he missed the tackle

Started well, but yet again the lack of movent off the ball was painful and we are so bad at set pieces it's embarrassing. Awful individual performances from lots of players; way too many passes given away cheaply, way too much head tennis in the middle of the park and, conversely, way too many balls played along the floor in the box. Hutton and Clark were good, and I thought Richardson did okay before his injury, but Sanchez had a shocker and Benteke was awful again. The second half was rubbish from both teams, but I thought we deserved a point - after all, Stoke didn't exactly pepper us with shots - but that moment of utter **** stupidity from Vlaar has cost us massively. Given that Clark and Okore have been such a good partnership this season, I have no clue how Vlaar has got straight back into the team. He can **** off again back out of it.

Edited by Villanun

After that horrible first 90 minutes, I can't believe people have the temerity to blame Vlaar. Yes, he screwed up badly. He knows it, no question. But the match was already lost.

But it was 1-1 and looked like it would end that way.

Â