• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Not all Vlaaar's fault -- at all. We should have been further ahead. We're still not getting balls in the back of the net. So don't pin this disaster totally on Vlaar! He had a moment of madness. At least he was trying.

Vlaar single handedly cost us a point. No two ways about it.

He was never getting to it. It would have went in if he didn't at least try.

He still had to beat Guzan, so we don't know that for sure.

Unlucky, Tim has a huge job on his hands sorting out the mess Lambert has left us in!

Thanks for the reality check. This is a realistic perception. But we should have been beyond the "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" at this point of the game. We need to get beyond the stage where we need Lady Luck.

Well that was a big thud back to earth.

Lump it to Benteke didnt work as they still have the size, strength and dirtiness of Pulis in their squad.

Gabby completely anonymous and Sanchez incredible poor

Our full backs still want to attack at every opportunity leaving them out of position and exposed

Our final ball and crossing was to slow, too poor and coming from wrong positions

Cant blame it all on Vlaar but that single moment of stupidity leaves us in a terrible position and will destroy all the squads morale.

This is the first time this season I have been truly gutted by a loss.

• Like 1

Weimann aswell my God. How is he pro. Did you see him try and put a ball back in the box over his shoulder but scooped it into the air and behind him hahaha. And THAT corner. This guy earns £30k a week? Absolute madness

Shocking when you think of what he is paid for. Joke

Literally feel sick to my stomach. Can't remember feeling so low about being a villa fan, I am absolutely ashamed of the boys playing for the club. I genuinely feel that they don't care if we go down, that was it for me, I give up.

After that horrible first 90 minutes, I can't believe people have the temerity to blame Vlaar. Yes, he screwed up badly. He knows it, no question. But the match was already lost.

But it was 1-1 and looked like it would end that way.

You can't defend the touch. Boot it out do anything but don't take that touch. We're scrapping for points. A draw would have been an improvement and stopped a run of 6 losses on the bounce. A captain should know this. A captain should know that with 2 mins stoppage left we have what we hold. 1 point is a dam sight better than no points when your scrapping.

Now we're 19th and have another L beside our names. Nothing to build on and nothing to salvage from what prior to the game was a happy Villa Park.

• Like 3

Don't even know where to begin.

Benteke does not look interested.. Did he have a shot on target? 

Gabby was terrible. Did not do enough all game

Delph and sanchez looked overwhelmed in midfield.

Our set pieces have been poor. We hardly have any set piece takers.

Positively, Sinclair was excellent he links up well with richardson.  

Clark had another good game.

Weimann aswell my God. How is he pro. Did you see him try and put a ball back in the box over his shoulder but scooped it into the air and behind him hahaha. And THAT corner. This guy earns £30k a week? Absolute madness

Shocking when you think of what he is paid for. Joke

yet still one of our top scorers (not that says a lot), you think we would be better off without him?, he did get an excellent cross in which was inches from Gabby before it got cleared and he forced at least 2 corners out of nothing that I can remember, seriously dont know if I like in the same multiverse as some of you here.

Sanchez :( also cant work out why he was not subbed (though I wanted him to start), and Sinclair was made anon after the changes.

Anyway we go again

#lambertout

UTV

• Like 2

Maybe we were naive to think Tim Sherwood was gonna be enough to get us playing something that resembles good football. Even when we looked decent in the first 20 minutes or so, we still didn't look convincing. 

Sinclair great until he went missing

Sanchez is an absolute embarrassment, I thought he'd bounce back today, but he needs to be dropped for Westwood.

Gabby and Weimann have pace but no guile, and just make up the numbers.

Delph needs to control the game for Villa, but he's unable to.

Gil had his worst game so far, bad time for that, wonder if he's picked up a knock...

Hutton good as usual

Clark and Vlaar guilty for their first goal

I have nothing more to say about Cardboard Ron other than I hope I never see him in a Villa shirt again. Defining moment for him, and maybe our season.

Great positivity all week, only to come out and play like Paul Lambert was on the touchline. I'm afraid too many bad habits are too engrained in this team.

Can't help but think we are totally **** now unless Sherwood bloody goes for it, (which I thought he would today)

If I was him, I'd roll the dice and put Bacuna upfront with Benteke in a 4-1-3-2, cuz Benteke alone up there is NOT WORKING.

Drop Sanchez for Westwood

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood  

Gil           Delph           Sinclair

Bacuna  Benteke

Brutal situation right now, really desperate.

Vlaar....

• Like 3

My 2 cents:

Tactics - wrong

Team Selection - wrong

Subs - wrong

Performance was poor for the mosr part. Not all the managers fault but i do thinkthere are ways to play against stoke that are more effective and ways to play that suit the players we have better too. He will hopefully figure that out soon

• Like 2

Sherwood will have learnt a lot about his players today and there won't be many of them that could put up a good argument if they were to be dropped for the next game. We need players with heart and passion to go into the final 12 games and try to keep us up. 

• Like 4

Terrible decision by Vlaar to slide in and it was disappointing to lose a game that Stoke had no real intention of winning. They cannot believe their luck I am sure.

I really though Benteke was better today - won a lot of flick ons and worked well with Sinclair. The real problem is playing a 4-4-2 with only one striker. Gabby just doesn't give a shite. 

Hopefully TS saw a few home truths on his plate today. I don't expect to see Gabby anywhere near the first XI next week.

Oh, and I hate this **** shit.

• Like 2

I'd take Guzan out of goal too that guy is just too used to letting goals in.

We did play with heart and passion but players just not good enough. BENTEKE, DELPH. GABBY, WEIMANN !! All crap!

Blaming Vlaar, probably our only world class player is just burying your head in the sand.

Edited by supernova26

Â