Pre-Match Thread

chappy

A guy i work with is an Albion fan. He seems to think they've been buying tickets all around the ground off various ticket selling websites. Sounds like they will be popping up all around the ground.

In an age of mass CCTV and co-ordinated policing, plus the fact all tickets are numbered and bought with your actual details, how much of an idiot do you have to be to cause trouble in a home end nowadays?

They'll either get battered, arrested or both.

• Like 2

no need to change the team shape, but maybe a couple of players

-------------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton-------Okore--Clark------???

------------------Westwood-------------

-----Cleverley-----------------Delph----

---------------------Nzog-----------------

-------------Benteke--Gabby-----------

no idea who is fit to play left back

• Aston Villa have won nine of their last 10 home FA Cup matches (L1).
  • West Brom have won only five of their last 19 FA Cup matches against teams from the top two tiers of English football (W5 D7 L7).
  • Saido Berahino has five goals and four assists in three FA Cup appearances this season.
  • Victor Anichebe has scored four goals in his last three starts in the FA Cup.
  • Villa and West Brom have been drawn together 12 times in the FA Cup. The Baggies have won three, twice after a replay. Villa have won nine times, once after a replay.
  • Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion have met in three FA Cup finals; 1887, 1892 and 1895, the Villans winning two and West Brom the middle one.
  • In 18 Premier League meetings between these two teams, eight have been draws and the 10 wins have all been by a single goal margin (seven for Villa, three for WBA). 
  • Four of the seven goals in Aston Villa's three FA Cup ties this year have been netted in the 88th minute or later.
  • Aston Villa have kept just one clean sheet in their last 19 FA Cup matches. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/aston-villa-v-west-brom/winner

Difficult to pick the team for this with the number of defenders we've got out.

-------------------Guzan-----------------------

Bacuna------Okore------Clark--------Lowton

------Cleverley---Westwood---Delph----------

---------------------N'Zogbia------------------

-------------Benteke-----Agbonlahor----------

Might be what we see - personally I'd have Gil where N'Zogbia is (or Grealish) or go with Gabby and Weimann down the flanks and hope Andi and Cleverley's energy helps protect Bacuna.

Might be what we see - personally I'd have Gil where N'Zogbia is (or Grealish) or go with Gabby and Weimann down the flanks and hope Andi and Cleverley's energy helps protect Bacuna.

Sherwood seem to like NZogbia more atm. Charles must be doing something good on the training pitch. To be fair he played well on saturday. 

Sherwood seem to like NZogbia more atm. Charles must be doing something good on the training pitch. To be fair he played well on saturday. 

Got to keep the first-half diamond I think to make us difficult to break down and give us a link man. Pulis doesn't know how to handle an attacking midfielder - why we never beat them under MON, so easy for two deep banks of four to pick out Barry/Petrov and Gabby/Carew.

Playing Gardner on the left was bafflingly stupid and he looked lost, so hoping Bacuna tears him a new one - doubt he'll play him there again though.

I wouldn't change much from the weekend. Gil for CNZ is fine but other than that nothing needs to change.

Haha, fat tesco bags writing on a forum what they a going to do yada yada.

The noses tried this, sitting around VP when they came up it didn't end well for those who were found out and I don't think this will be any different.

Personally I could sit next to the average supporter of another team without wanting to start fighting but I'm realistic enough to know that not everyone can control themselves which is why I don't go into away ends.

I'm feeling really confident that not only have we turned the corner but can go a good run, sure we will lose some games but as long as the efforts there then we can put this crap season behind us.

Be interesting to see how West Brom approach this. Whatever they were trying to do on Tuesday failed miserably and we had plenty of chances and could have scored 4 or so. They're not a possession side, they're very much counter-attacking and I can't see them coming at us hard - they'll more than likely look to sit back and hit us on the break. The good thing about that is if they go too deep, it opens things up for Benteke but if they try to push up they're in danger of Gabby doing them for pace again... cool.

• Like 1

Gabby and Weimann down the flanks-erm I think we've tried that. It doesn't work. Cause then your asking two poachers for wide creativity.