Pre-Match Thread

chappy

Let's hope Gabby has one more performance in him.

Personally if he's only going to perform in one more game this season I'd prefer it helped us secure another 3 points in the league

Dunno, winning the FA cup would be the biggest achievement in my life time as a Villa fan.

Very rare to beat the same team twice if you're outside the top 6.

I will settle for a defeat as long as the increased performance levels are evident.

It goes without saying how incredible a win would be ...I can't even remember the last time we won 2 home games in a row, let alone 3 out of 4.

This game isn't about winning the FA Cup ..... its about a trip to Wembley and that is very special regardless of the result there.

Players and fans should be eyeballs out for this one. The chance to go to Wembley in this era dominated by money clubs is rare and shouldn't be underplayed ! 

• Like 4

I thought the tesco bags were useless on Tuesday, probably one of the worst teams we have seen all season so on that score I'm not worried in the slightest.

However this is Villa and we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders this season ourselves lol, I expect the tesco bags to come and play for a draw to get the replay but Benteke has now scored and even though it was a penalty he look visably lifted after the final whistle so it's a home win for me.

2-0 Villa :)

Very rare to beat the same team twice if you're outside the top 6.

I will settle for a defeat as long as the increased performance levels are evident.

It goes without saying how incredible a win would be ...I can't even remember the last time we won 2 home games in a row, let alone 3 out of 4.

I think that's a strange attitude. We were much better than them on Tuesday, they're really not all that. We won, and we can we win again. 

• Like 2

I predicted, before Tuesday, that this game would be the reverse of whatever hapened on Tuesday.

But what the **** do I know?!

3-1 to Villa!

**** the baggies

• Like 1

One game away from Wembley, win the FA Cup and we're in Europe. How fantastic would that be after such a dreadful season. I know staying up is the priority but this is a very important game too. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Just a note.

My mate's an Albion fan and said there were people on Tuesday getting ejected for very little, and subsequently certain knuckle-draggers are looking for revenge on stewards and police (discussing it at the game and on message boards). Obviously will be a heavy police presence but just be careful if you are a steward or even just as a fan - probs best to not goad people too much.

I'd also wear a hat if you're in the Lower North!

Seems some of our stewards were out of order on Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no lover of the Bagwash but too many people are telling the same story of stewards wearing Villa colours beating up fans for doing next to nothing ...... we don't need that ! 

Edited by Paul33

Don't get me wrong, I'm no lover of the Bagwash but too many people are telling the same story of stewards wearing Villa colours beating up fans for doing next to nothing ...... we don't need that ! 

Agreed. I even got told to sit down in the Holte Upper despite the only thing behind me being stairs and about 2,000 others standing. Some real jobsworths unfortunately.

Out of order towards the West Brom fans? Because if anything I think the stewarding is way too lenient down by the away end - I'm so fed up of seeing away fans nearly get onto the pitch because of the shit stewarding.

• Like 2

A guy i work with is an Albion fan. He seems to think they've been buying tickets all around the ground off various ticket selling websites. Sounds like they will be popping up all around the ground.