Pre-Match Thread

chappy

Hoping Vlaar might be available. I'd be tempted to start with 3 at the back (bringing in Vlaar), Lowton and Bacuna on the wings. Suspect they will come at us more than they did this evening.

Atmosphere should be banging for this now pressure has been relieved a little. I don't expect WBA to be as shyte as they were tonight though and I'll think we'll struggle to match the intensity of tonight. A big and loud crowd will help though.

Just got in from work so watching the win from last night supping on vodka. Making the long journey up from the valleys on my own for this one. My first Derby and first cup game. After last nights result, I can't fecking wait

Cannot WAIT for this game now.

Hopefully last night's result will persuade a few more people to get tickets for this one.

The atmosphere is going to be amazing as well. Gutted I'm not in the Holte for this one.

was otherwise engaged yesterday so only found out the result at about 10 and gave a little squeal of relief. Will be able to watch this match on saturday for a change, and to be honest I'm not too fussed at the moment, we've won the match that counts. Hopefully we can just go out and play with freedom. Must play Sinclair and Gil though surely?

So, if I couldn't get any happier.. I decided to go have a read of some Baggies' forums to see what they thought of the last night's game.

The first comment I read after last night by one of their mods:

I don't want to go back there.

Makes me feel goooood! Let's make it an unconquerable fortress and do the double this weekend!

So, if I couldn't get any happier.. I decided to go have a read of some Baggies' forums to see what they thought of the last night's game.

The first comment I read after last night by one of their mods:

I don't want to go back there.

Makes me feel goooood! Let's make it an unconquerable fortress and do the double this weekend!

My mates that are baggies fans left Villa Park with a pretty sour taste last season too. One didn't make it into the away end till 10mins in so missed their first 2 goals, then watched as we scored 3 in a row and went on to win 4-3. The same guy was there last night, got a snapchat of head in palm shortly after the game. Don't think he would go back any time soon if we win on Saturday and dump them out the cup haha 

Loved last night. It will be completely different on Saturday. This might be the pessimistic that Villa have instilled in me but i cant see us winning two in a row. Hopefully im wrong

Holte end meh... North Stand lower is where it's at !

It would be horrible in the event of defeat with 6500 of them all around.  I do like the crack in the Lower North though, terrible view mind.

Given, Lowton, Clark, Okore, Bacuna, Gil, Cleverley, Delph, Sinclair, Gabby & Benteke for me. Another win would be great for our confidence and it will be a nice evening out for those Baggies who come to see us do them twice in a week. Wembley calls! 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Let's hope Gabby has one more performance in him.

Personally if he's only going to perform in one more game this season I'd prefer it helped us secure another 3 points in the league Edited by daggy_333