Pre-Match Thread

chappy

OS

Baggies match on the box.

Our FA Cup quarter-final match with West Brom has been selected for TV.

The game with the Baggies at Villa Park will be played on Saturday March 7, with a 5.30pm kick-off.

The encounter will be shown live on BBC1.

Villa made it through to this stage after a 2-1 win over Leicester, goals coming from Leandro Bacuna and Scott Sinclair.

Tony Pulis' men progressed after a 4-0 victory over West Ham at The Hawthorns.

Our last game in the FA Cup came in January 1998 as Villa beat the Baggies 4-0, courtesy of goals from Simon Grayson, Dwight Yorke [2] and Stan Collymore.

Villa and West Brom last played in B6 in January 2014 in what was a memorable 4-3 victory for us as Christian Benteke emerged as the hero.

The Baggies led 2-0 inside nine minutes through Chris Brunt's 25-yard effort and Fabian Delph's own goal.

Andi Weimann lobbed in to pull one back, Bacuna levelled with a fortunate effort and Delph put Villa ahead with a fierce drive.

Youssouf Mulumbu netted to make it 3-3 at half-time but Benteke scored a penalty to win it for Villa.

Stay tuned for price details of the sixth round tie.

Other Live games 

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures

Saturday 7 March 2015

12:45 2 Bradford City VS Reading Live on BT Sport

17:30 4 Aston Villa VS West Bromwich Albion Live on BBC1 

Sunday 8 March 2015

16:00 1 Liverpool VS Blackburn Rovers Live on BT Sport 

Monday 9 March 2015

19:45 3 Manchester United VS Arsenal Live on BBC1

wow surprised it is a late kick off, will be great atmosphere

Very surprised,

6k away fans for a Local derby, All day drinking and a trip to Wembley up for grabs. Have WMP not done the maths?

This will be messy!

Very surprised,

6k away fans for a Local derby, All day drinking and a trip to Wembley up for grabs. Have WMP not done the maths?

This will be messy!

Will it though? I've never really seen or heard of any trouble between Villa and WBA. 

Be a completely different story if it was Villa vs Blues or WBA vs Wolves.

Villa vs WBA is a "friendly" local derby imo. 

Very surprised,

This will be messy!

Will it though? I've never really seen or heard of any trouble between Villa and WBA.

It's been brewing last couple of games, still nowhere near the level of a blues game though, it's not the one way street that it was 3/4 years back

As for the kick off time, I don't see why so many people thought the police would insist on an early kick off, they're letting us play at 8pm in the week before and if anything I think that game will take a fair bit of the energy off it all, the start of the league game will be electric

• 2 weeks later...

Very surprised,

This will be messy!

Trust me this is no "friendly" derby. Back in the day Villa-Albion was the main derby and many fans of a certain age would still consider this to be the main derby. They hate us and we're not too keen on them either. Heard about/seen plenty of trouble down the years to back this up.

can see that dinosaur pulis definitely taking a more attacking approach in this one in comparison to tonight as when they put us under  abit of pressure we struggled

w ehave to be more solid in defence. last thing we want is a replay.