Tickets

PieFacE

Trying to buy 2 tickets but its saying I need to assign the 2nd one to somebody else, rocket polishers!

You will need another reference. Must have booking history. Stops WBA fans buying in our end

Cheers pal! But what a load of crap that system is, I have booking history and I always buy for me and my mate they should at least acknowledge people don't all go on their own.

You might have more luck if you call up. I've been to 6 games this season with my dad but all under the same reference number. After finally getting through (literally had to ring about 300 times) the guy on the other end basically let me off because he'd seen that I'd been to all those games with another person.

Trying to buy 2 tickets but its saying I need to assign the 2nd one to somebody else, rocket polishers!

You will need another reference. Must have booking history. Stops WBA fans buying in our end

Cheers pal! But what a load of crap that system is, I have booking history and I always buy for me and my mate they should at least acknowledge people don't all go on their own.

You might have more luck if you call up. I've been to 6 games this season with my dad but all under the same reference number. After finally getting through (literally had to ring about 300 times) the guy on the other end basically let me off because he'd seen that I'd been to all those games with another person.

Yeah but it's not the point I had to wait ages to get on there in the first place, then I selected the seats, went to pay and it said "Woooooah back up, not so fast.. you want TWO tickets?! Are you a ticket tout?" Every time I've paid this season it's been for two people, it's a joke.

I'm planning to go with three people, two of us have accounts with booking history and have been season ticket holders in the past - No issue there. One has no account however has been to a variety of games over 20 years. I've created him an account but because the account hasn't bought anything previously, the system won't accept a ticket assigned to him. Surely away fans buying in the home end isn't a big enough issue to prevent legitimate Villa fans over 25 years from getting tickets when availiability is good 

Yep, it's pathetic the way the club have done this.

There should be an option on the website to go back to previous games that you've been to that haven't got a person assigned to them, and be able to assign someone. If you've paid for the ticket, you should be able to do what you like with it. Two of my mates coming have genuinely been to 100+ games with me over the last 10 years, but according to their client history they haven't been to any.

It's baffling really because they're struggling to sell tickets on a weekly basis anyway. This game will probably have a 35k gate instead of a 40k one now because of this.

Edited by villarule123

Surely they must put it on general sale, even if it's the day before. I swear on any normal given match day there must be 1k that turn up and just buy tickets on the day? There's always a huge queue at the box offices and I would expect even more so given the significance of this game

It makes me laugh how people are moaning about a system that rewards the fans who do attend and stops away fans buying tickets in the home end. There will always be special cases where people are miles away and can't attend but generally most can make it to a game but chose not too then when we have a big game they mean they can't get tickets. I've had a load of mates phone me for references and i just point out we played Stoke at home since the draw and we have 12 cup finals remaining not just a 1/4 final. The ticket office will look at individual accounts and reallocate tickets to other references it'll just take longer for you to do it.

Have to disagree. I have been to enough games to get myself a ticket, that shouldn't stop me attending just because I want to bring someone who hasn't got a booking history. What do they think will happen? That we'll all give tickets to West Brom fans if they aren't assigned to people they know are Villa fans.

Edited by bradarmstrong_

But your mate with no booking history shouldn't get priority over someone who has.

Looking at the online ticket thing it doesn't look like there's anything to worry about anyway.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

You have to remember we are playing a local rival so it would be very easy for their fans to go to VP and get a ticket if there wasn't restrictions. For this reason I doubt it'll be an open general sale but if there are tickets available come next wed/thurs they may relax it a bit.

It makes me laugh how people are moaning about a system that rewards the fans who do attend and stops away fans buying tickets in the home end. There will always be special cases where people are miles away and can't attend but generally most can make it to a game but chose not too then when we have a big game they mean they can't get tickets. I've had a load of mates phone me for references and i just point out we played Stoke at home since the draw and we have 12 cup finals remaining not just a 1/4 final. The ticket office will look at individual accounts and reallocate tickets to other references it'll just take longer for you to do it.

I do go to games, its just that I book the seats together to make it easier.. God knows why you'd all buy separately and try figure out the seating over the phone or whatever. First I've heard about different references.

I agree with the majority of your sentiment but given the fact that demand isn't that high and we aren't even close to selling out, I just feel it's a terrible business move for the club to reject tickets they could have sold. 

In fairness to the club I support the booking history to get a ticket approach, same as it was with MU and Chelsea this season, I've had enough of away fans sat around me (upper Doug) so if this approach stops those Tesco bin dippers from getting in then I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Â