My Holte End

sidcow

I can't understand why you would sit anywhere else though it has taken me 30 years to work that out.

UTV

The fact that you can stand all game on the Witton Lane side of the lower North.

Edited by Mantis

I can't understand why you would sit anywhere else though it has taken me 30 years to work that out.

UTV

The fact that you can stand all game on the Witton Lane side of the lower North.

Done my time standing. Anyway see zulu chants!

Living away from Birmingham I haven't really had the opportunity to see many games over the years, all but 1 have been from the Holte End though, the atmosphere in there has always been class, the other game was in the North Stand and not a patch on the Holte End though. Some really great memories. It's been years since I've been to a game live as I live and also support Wrexham so most of my weekends are following them.

I'm sorry to slightly diverge from the topic but it's somewhat related and I can't make a new thread as a newbie. My querie is that because it's been so long since I've been to a game I have no idea of parking. I'm visiting an old friend in Coventry on Friday night and on my return to North Wales on Saturday I've decided to take advantage and take in Sherwood's first game from the wonderful Holte End. I'll be on my own so may look a bit of a weirdo but I don't care. 

Anyways, back to my question, I am wondering where the best place to park is, not too far away as I don't know the area at all as it's been so long, I don't mind paying a couple of quid but I don't want to be fleeced either. Just hoping some of you friendly folk could help me out on places you'd recommend and/or avoid please? 

Apologies again for going off on a bit of a tangent but I wasn't sure how else to get any informed answers. To make it more relevant I will upload pics from my return to the Holte End if that helps matters.

UTV

I "sit" on the back row in the lower Holte so have no problems

Plus you get the Holte suite which IMO is better than anything else I've seen in any ground (admittedly I haven't been in many other home ends)

Living away from Birmingham I haven't really had the opportunity to see many games over the years, all but 1 have been from the Holte End though, the atmosphere in there has always been class, the other game was in the North Stand and not a patch on the Holte End though. Some really great memories. It's been years since I've been to a game live as I live and also support Wrexham so most of my weekends are following them.

I'm sorry to slightly diverge from the topic but it's somewhat related and I can't make a new thread as a newbie. My querie is that because it's been so long since I've been to a game I have no idea of parking. I'm visiting an old friend in Coventry on Friday night and on my return to North Wales on Saturday I've decided to take advantage and take in Sherwood's first game from the wonderful Holte End. I'll be on my own so may look a bit of a weirdo but I don't care.

Anyways, back to my question, I am wondering where the best place to park is, not too far away as I don't know the area at all as it's been so long, I don't mind paying a couple of quid but I don't want to be fleeced either. Just hoping some of you friendly folk could help me out on places you'd recommend and/or avoid please?

Apologies again for going off on a bit of a tangent but I wasn't sure how else to get any informed answers. To make it more relevant I will upload pics from my return to the Holte End if that helps matters.

Usually I take the first exit off the expressway and then take the first left (don't know the road name) there are usually spaces either on the road if you get there early enough, or you'll come to some parking areas which are about £5 for matchdays.

UTV

Plus you get the Holte suite which IMO is better than anything else I've seen in any ground (admittedly I haven't been in many other home ends)

Yeah but you can't give shit to the away fans from the Holte End. ;)

UTV

Yeah but you can't give shit to the away fans from the Holte End. ;)

Yeah but you can give shit to the dickhead who sits about 3 seats in front of me, every time he boos a player a cheer a player, it's a lot of work but I find it funny

• Like 1

I went in the lower north for the Palace and Blackpool games (bought the tickets at the same time), never again. Never been in the witton stand so can't comment on there but the Holte is the one for me. First game on there was relegating Coventry, what a day.

As promised!

10991274_10155171974840328_5958833808234

Had a good day minus the hangover, freezing cold, poor game of football, result and getting out of Birmingham. Apart from that, woo hoo!

• Like 1

Â