Paddy Riley

smetrov

11 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not for the first time Villa fans have been sold the idea that a small group of people are responsible for all our woes and that replacing them will make things OK.

And that seems to have been swallowed hook line and sinker by some.

Fox, Almstadt and (maybe) Riley sacked. So everything is OK now, eh?

Err, no, not really.

Well, it IS a start, but we've had quite a few goes at this since Lerner took over and it's never gone well. I have very little faith that we will make the sort of appointments we need to sort this out. Personally I'd involve Garde as he is the ONLY member of non playing staff to have been part of a well run football club operating at the top end of their league and doing well in europe. See if with his help we can assemble a team which is not incompetent, that would be enough to be a major improvement on the last 5 years.

I was listening to Talksport the other day and it was mentioned that Villa have this system in place where they predict the amount of goals a player will score or make, from his stats.

Maybe you shouldn't read the Henrik Almstadt thread then...

Riley you plonker - this is what happens when nobody's steering the ship -

Bernstein is also turning his attention to Riley and The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that the former Manchester City chairman has been staggered by the findings from his investigation into the club’s season. As a result, Riley is on the brink of joining chief executive Tom Fox and Hendrik Almstadt, the sporting director, as the latest high-profile casualty.

Riley is responsible for organising and appointing Villa’s scouting network and it is alleged that head European scout Jon Bickers, whose main focus is players in the Bundesliga, has emigrated to Australia. Simon Ward, the regional scouting manager, is studying journalism at university although his remit is to watch players in La Liga and Portugal.

Bernstein has also been stunned to discover that other senior staff have no experience of professional football, with the only exception said to be goalkeeping scout Tony Coton, who was appointed by Garde’s predecessor Tim Sherwood.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/26/aston-villa-ready-to-part-company-with-remi-garde/

I really don't see what the problem is here. Actually WATCHING players play football is so last century.  We are now living in the moneyball Era. These guys can kick back behind their laptops analyzing players stats whilst chucking another tinny on the barby  next to the pool and pick up a champions league winning team for a couple of million

In fact my 13 year old picks up some frankly unbelievable bargains on FIFA. we may was well ditch the whole scouting system and employ a couple of teenagers with a Playstation. It's that easy really. Would have saved Randy his £30M losses per annum for the same top quality result anyway 

Come on Randy,  you know it's the way forward 

• Like 1

Another great moment for Villa and Lerner, it never ends does it?

Once again, someone with even a remote interest in what's happening to his investment would not allow this to happen.

Lerner is a naive, spoiled, clueless man.

Why has he not gone yet? If any of that report is remotely true then he should have been fired at the same time as Almstadt and fox. 

News reporting that it is negotiations over his compensation (that sounds familiar). He has three years left and they want to haggle.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

News reporting that it is negotiations over his compensation (that sounds familiar). He has three years left and they want to haggle.

Fair enough. I'd hope this **** idiot gets a small payout for the shit job he's done. 

I don't understand the nonsense of football contracts. This doesn't happen anywhere else.

When I worked for a bank whose name rhymes with Age Yes Be Sea, it was simple. If you weren't up to doing your job, you were put on a Performance Improvement Plan. If your performance doesn't pick up on that, you were shown the door.

Paddy clearly hasn't been up to doing his job. Show him the bloody door.

Â