Paddy Riley

smetrov

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The task wasn't to buy 2/3 decent players (if you want to include Ayew which I do so sod off) for approximately £9-10m each and a load of tat to go with them. It was to rebuild a squad. We purchased two absolutely dreadful central defenders, powderpuff midfielders in Veretout and Gil completely unsuited for the premier league and a man who only does a decent impression of a striker once in a blue moon. Oh, and Mark Bunn. And some other shit who's names escape me. And an athlete who is for all intents and purposes rubbish at football. 

Outside of Richards and Lescott, who were/are so bad they are both now retired, we purchased zero experience to work alongside these young talents. How much of that blame is his? Well. in retrospect as the man in charge of signing players, all of it. He did just enough to sort of make it look like he knew what he was doing, but ultimately he was a disaster. The record books prove it - 27 defeats, 27 goals, 76 conceded, 17 **** points. 

I'm just not ready for the suggestion that any of them knew what they were doing. 

i agree

but Amavi & Gana are a "point" that OBE is fully reasoned in making

The sun shines on a dogs arse every now and again. 

Gana and Amavi weren't unknown gems plucked from a beach in Tobago. They were well know to 'experts' in football. 

• Like 1

Â