Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

The way he keeps talking there we be a lot of rushing around early on.

So much pressure.

I can imagine us almost being out of shape to be honest, we'll be switching to a 4-4-2 and Delph roams round all over the place normally, we'll need the central two to be disciplined and concentrate; very tricky to hold position when you're pressing so high as a team as well.

We'll see, I can't wait!

Talk of Westwood and cleverly being dropped for this one.

Good decisions if true.

Hopefully a midfield 2 of Sanchez and delph with gill and Sinclair out wide.

If it's a midfield two (which I'm guessing it will be) then it goes without saying that you wouldn't play either of those two.

• Like 1

Let's hope Sanchez has a performance like he did against Sunderland and not Arsenal

Because if it's 4-4-2 he can't afford to have a bad game he will have nobody to cover him giving away possession same goes for Delph

I'd love to see this with Aly told to stay back so Grealish can concentrate on attacking.

Gil in the hole. (Insert McCarthy GIF)

Goose

Hutton           Vlaar       Clark       Aly

Bacuna      Sanchez     Delph     Grealish

Gil

Benteke

• Like 3

We won't sell out, but I would buy in advance if you want to sit anywhere in particular. You can buy online and print (on standard A4) or collect. Takes 10 minutes.

Thanks for the advice. Just booked my two tickets now. L6 in the Holte End, can't wait!

I'm in L7. I shall wave!

Edit - I will shout "hello wezbid" at some point. Keep your ears open around the 15 minute mark.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

interesting/nice to see (~) 90% agreement on the back four and I am guessing most here would have no issues with okore or baker ATM either?

anyway I hope Sanchez starts, I feel he has as much talent as any in the squad and after a few shaky starts he was shaping up nicely, then one shocker of a game and he is out of the lineup ... shame that didn't happen with Tony Moon though he still gets Kudos for that goal :) , & I don't think Cleverly finally having a good 45 mins after all the headless chicken running around he has done for so long warrants a start esp with Delph/Sanchez/Bacuna/Gil/?Westie? in the running

Got a good feeling about this one ... and whilst that's usually a bad sign, today I think things might be different, either way UTV

----------------Guzan----------------

-Hutton---Vlaar----Clark-----Aly-

---------------Sanchez--------------

-----Bacuna-----------Delph------

-------------------Gil------------------

---------Benteke----Weimann----

Everyone in natural positions.

I'd probably swap Baker in for Clark though as I think we need more height. (Though right now Clark has been doing well).

• Like 1

----------------Guzan----------------

-Hutton---Vlaar----Clark-----Aly-

---------------Sanchez--------------

-----Gil----------------Delph-------

gabby--------Benteke-------Sinclair

I don't want to see three Cm with limited attacking abilities

Edited by KSV

If he goes with the Chelsea style 4-2-3-1, then i'd like to see this:

--------------Guzan-----------------

Hutton---Vlaar---Clark---Cissokho

-------Sanchez---Delph------------

-----Bacuna---Gill---Sinclair-------

--------------Benteke---------------

All three of that AM line have pace / can play forward passes / can run past a man / can finish.  If they're all buzzing around the final third of the pitch, swapping positions etc we'll make chances for sure.

• Like 3