Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Why are so many people going for Given? He's been second choice all season and only started because it was a cup game.

He had a decent game on Saturday and made 2 great saves, but 1 of them came from his own mistake creating the chance. We were also noticeably less confident against crosses / set pieces without Guzan.

• Like 4

I'm not actually sure Gil will start....he  should be but then Sherwood probably hasn't seen him "live" yet so could well stick with what he saw yesterday e.g. we could see Sinclair and Bacuna either side of Benteke perhaps and then have Gil, Gabby and Weimann all as potential impact subs.

Unfortunately, that's my worry too. Sherwood said he's giving everyone a clean slate and will judge them on what he sees in training. Gil wont have enough time, due to his injury, to demonstrate to Sherwood his qualities. Id honestly hope someone at the club shows him videos of his performances for us so far - that'd be enough  ;)

Sherwood has turned up to a few of our games recently. I'm sure he knows the deal. Gil has made a bit of a splash even for the casual observer. 

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar  Clark Sissokho

Sinclair Cleverley Delph Gil

Wiemann  Benteke

Subs Given, Okore, Richardson Westwood, Sanchez, Bacuna, Agbonlahor

I can see this going 1 of 2 ways:

1) We struggle and get done 1 or 2 nil (the Sherwood hype was a lie)

2) We stone cold stun them 5-1 (the Sherwood hype is magical like a unicorn)

Edited by F-87

how about....

Guzan

Hutton    Vlaar     Clark   Sissokho

Westwood Sanchez

Gil              Delph           Sinclair

Benteke

Subs: Given, Weimann, Cleverly, Okore, Grealish, Bacuna, Agbonlahor

That team oozes balance! It's exactly the team I've wantedus to play for a while now

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see what squad Sherwood puts out for this one. I'm half expecting it to be similar to what we saw on Sunday, but having had some time with the squad in training we could see a couple of surprises. Hopefully we'll see us playing like we did in the second half v Leicester. Plenty of bodies in the box, midfielders making runs beyond the strikers and playing with more freedom. 3 points would be massive here.

Incredibly tough game to call. Above all else I hope 'The Sherwood Factor' does have an impact on the game.

Good time to play Stoke with their problems. I'll go for an extremely nail biting 2-1 win.

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Clark Cissokho

Cleverley Westwood Delph

Weimann Benteke Gil