Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

39 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

If I had to make a list Schindler wouldn't be on it for Czechia. 

It's only existed under that name since 1993, so presumably it should be restricted to under-30 year olds. 

Otherwise, I'd go with Franz Kafka. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's only existed under that name since 1993, so presumably it should be restricted to under-30 year olds. 

Otherwise, I'd go with Franz Kafka. 

Karel Poborsky's mullet.

Also wrong Macedonia for Alexander as well. That's the Greek Macedonia and not the country currently called North Macedonia. Be Mother Theresa you'd think, or Goran Pandev

• Haha 1

Although I have noticed she's under Albania (albeit she was born in Skopje, the North Macedonian capital. Would have had Enver Hoxha for the Albanian tbh. Agree with Kafka for the Czechs. Hell, Dvořák is probably a better candidate than Schindler.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Agree with Kafka for the Czechs. Hell, Dvořák is probably a better candidate than Schindler

And yet Kafka never wrote his works in the Czech language? He is probably has more recognition outside of Czech(ia).  Dvořák I agree with,  though I have recently been told my opinion can be dismissed.  ;) 

edit

I presume Christopher Columbus was a joke?

Edited by fruitvilla

When you're browsing Google Maps, and you see a place you recognise:

voinjama.jpg

Actually not sure if you're gonna be able to see it from this screenshot, but it's a town in northern Liberia called 'Voinjama'. Did everyone else know this was also the name of a place and I'm just an idiot?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When you're browsing Google Maps, and you see a place you recognise:

voinjama.jpg

Actually not sure if you're gonna be able to see it from this screenshot, but it's a town in northern Liberia called 'Voinjama'. Did everyone else know this was also the name of a place and I'm just an idiot?

He did actually explain that he'd done some sort of volunteer work there, which is why he used it as his VT name. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/05/2022 at 13:27, TheAuthority said:

You can see how Broadway cuts diagonally and then begins to run perpendicular to Amsterdam at 79th street. I basically gauge where my 1st place was in relation to the Jackie Onasis Reservoir. It's too hard to see which cross streets are "double wide" on that photo. (72nd, 79th, 86th, 96th, 106th, & 110th are all "Double Wides" on the Upper West Side.)

Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

You are correct.

I meant parallel "the other P word."

Can never be annoyed with a PB reference.

Did I ever tell VT the time my wife played a concert at Manny's house and ended up chatting to him in his kitchen?

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The detective in The Vatican will be sexy? I ain't so sure about that.

spacer.png

little tip for you all

never google ‘sexy priest’ in an office environment

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â