Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

By agreement UK Police cover  trains from the UK to a line on the French Platform.  Vice versa for Le Police. 

This is illogical given the position of the border controls at each end

6 hours ago, bickster said:

This is illogical given the position of the border controls at each end

Yep. Much of the law is illogical. That keeps me in a job! 😁😁

I have just checked and its still the same today. Kent Police are the only UK Police Force permanently operating outside the UK. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bickster said:

vrEtvMI.jpg

2066 Americans were asked to point out where Ukraine is on a map

Not a bad effort for the USA in fairness.  Although it kinda proves the point that war exists primarily to teach geography to Americans.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not a bad effort for the USA in fairness.  Although it kinda proves the point that war exists primarily to teach geography to Americans.

that map might as well say throw a dart at the middle of the map:mrgreen:

5 hours ago, bickster said:

vrEtvMI.jpg

2066 Americans were asked to point out where Ukraine is on a map

Really have to question the four Americans who placed the Ukraine in the middle of the USA and why there appears to be so many random dots in the middle of the ocean... I mean at least pick a landmass!

• Like 2

It’s strange, I know a few fairly intelligent people that just seem to a have a complete blind spot for anything geographical.

I quiz (take the piss out of) a woman at work on it. The other day I asked her to name 10 English cities.

”Ok...London...Wales..”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

It’s strange, I know a few fairly intelligent people that just seem to a have a complete blind spot for anything geographical.

I quiz (take the piss out of) a woman at work on it. The other day I asked her to name 10 English cities.

”Ok...London...Wales..”

My pet hate in watching something like The Chase is when someone is asked to name a city and names a country or vice versa.

How hard is it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

”Ok...London...Wales..”

I agree, it's staggering. I think we need to be very careful about taking the piss out of Americans for their geographical ignorance. I'm not convinced that the average Brit is all that different. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I agree, it's staggering. I think we need to be very careful about taking the piss out of Americans for their geographical ignorance. I'm not convinced that the average Brit is all that different. 

Yeah I was going to say I'd like to see a similar map showing British people's efforts. I bet it wouldn't be much different.

Â