Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

This one is huge, but interesting... the diameter of the circle corresponds to average attendance through October (note that, excepting the promoted clubs, Villa are up the most from last season's attendances...)

epl_oct07_attendance5.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Which means that a town like Worcester is firmly in the North, although it’s much farther south than the ‘southern’ town of Lincoln.

Worcester - town? FFS, man, I know it's not a great place nor even a good one but it's a f***ing city.

It is an integral part in British/English history - look to the civil war: battle/skirmish of Powick bridge and the 1651 battle of Worcester.

Sort yourself out, please!!!!!! :angry::angry::bang:

Which means that a town like Worcester is firmly in the North, although it’s much farther south than the ‘southern’ town of Lincoln.

Worcester - town? FFS, man, I know it's not a great place nor even a good one but it's a f***ing city.

It is an integral part in British/English history - look to the civil war: battle/skirmish of Powick bridge and the 1651 battle of Worcester.

Sort yourself out, please!!!!!! :angry::angry::bang:

Note that it wasn't me that wrote that... ;)

Given that I've lived most of my life to date in a county named for a city that changed it's name based on the 1651 battle from Quinsigamond, I'm reasonably familiar with the Worcester, England (being descended from a James Critchley of Kiddy who emigrated in approximately 1890... it would be a most happy coincidence if my forebears were to have supported the Villa!). New England, being largely Puritan and East Anglian, generally cast its lot behind Cromwell. Several of those who signed Charles I's death warrant fled to New England, where their descendants played major roles in the late 18th century unpleasantness. For this reason, it's been argued that the English Civil War and American Revolution basically be viewed as two conflagrations of one conflict over the rights of Englishmen (some go even further and argue that the American Civil War was the third and final conflagration, making for a nice trio of "Civil Wars of Anglo-America").

For work lately, I've had to deal with a bunch of nitwits from elsewhere who insist on saying that the city is "Worechester"... it's "wusstah," you words removed...

That post inspired me to do a bit of genealogical research that I've kind of been putting off for a while...

Those Mormons are so helpful, I might even vote for Mitt Romney...

So James Verner Critchley was born to Joseph Critchley (previously of Golborne and Haydock, both of Lancashire; he moved down at some point between 1865 and 1867) of 91 Lea St., Kidderminster

I can be thankful that he moved when he did... otherwise I'd have no choice but to count myself a scouser or support Wigan...

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe, I liked it Nayson.

In fact I've been playing around with other ideas to amuse me at 1am.

I can do this all night...

Edit: I fail at Google links - but I can't be bothered to put it right.

From Revolution to Reconstruction is a good one. As is from Rags to Riches... From A to B seems to get a different response each time.

Well... it amused me.

Has this one been posted yet?

0929o_mundo.gif

Â