Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/09/2019 at 20:10, bickster said:

Google Street View coverage of Germany and Austria

rl7lyi5vhbn31.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

ive just been in a meeting with 3 directors (all germans) looking at a project in Bristol and was talking about a logistics plan and how we get to and from the site...

minds were blown :lol: 20 minutes later the conversation has gone on to something else and my MD is still sat playing with street view

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't be digging through 115 pages to see if it's been mentioned before but all of Brum's historic maps are located on the HLC viewer on the council website, helpfully overlaid onto modern maps. This is good as most old maps are not aligned to to North and are on bizzare scales

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Can't be digging through 115 pages to see if it's been mentioned before but all of Brum's historic maps are located on the HLC viewer on the council website, helpfully overlaid onto modern maps. This is good as most old maps are not aligned to to North and are on bizzare scales

link please? :)  

• Like 2

Have you guys checked out the old aerial images on Google Earth?

You can't do it direct from the Google website, but if you use Google Earth and click this button image.png.d776bd9001bf1f17e280fdb752c508dd.png you can roll back the satellite view to see historic images.

The ones I find interesting were taken by planes in 1945. I've assumed this would be to 'take stock' at the end of the war, but I'd be interested if anyone knows another reason these would have been taken.

Unfortunately the 1945 picture of Villa Park hasn't quite lived up to my expectations, although it is interesting when compared to the current footprint.

Capture.JPG.74ad55cbb59ebc969781957df9b5e5d7.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â