The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Apparently he was not offered the Blackburn job but it wouldn't surprise me if he's have said no anyway. Probably genuinely believes he's a Prem manager. You have to admire him a bit though, no managerial ability and blagged his way into a what 30k a week job?

9 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Apparently he was not offered the Blackburn job but it wouldn't surprise me if he's have said no anyway. Probably genuinely believes he's a Prem manager. You have to admire him a bit though, no managerial ability and blagged his way into a what 30k a week job?

I dont admire him at all, he reminds me of a younger candleface but with even less success

Tim Sherwood is set to be offered a shock route back into football by a Spanish top-flight side.

The mystery team, thought to be currently with a manager but struggling, are pursuing Sherwood despite his recent sacking because of his history at Tottenham Hotspur and injection of life into Aston Villa at the end of last season.

The 46-year-old is said to be open to working abroad to rebuild his reputation but has the patience to wait for the right job.

Rewarding Failure

How many more times is he going to be able to talk his way into a job? Not many i'd imagine.

I will say though his bullshit worked its magic with the casual fans. They actually think he did a decent job, wasn't allowed to sign his players and was sacked unfairly.

Needless to say the Kiwi Liverpool 'fan' who said this to me got put in his place and is now fully aware of the truth.

• Like 1

I don't think he'd be a bad edition as a part of someone's backing staff, if only as a motivator as he clearly had a very good bond with some of our players but it does seem there is a considerable gap to fill tactically for him to make it as a high level manager.

"hola mi jug- jugados - jug - yo, you lot  RUN there  *points wildly, while miming a running action* for 20 - that's Terweennntty minutes - minutos!, lovelos jubbelos!"

" er si boss, shall we just speak English instead?"

"eh? que es tu saying Juan Juatsit? Nah, yo got this. Tu - sorry - Ustedes ( who's ted?? )  - kicko el ball to your team mates, then El homo grande will score. Easy. Sinchio!"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

How many more times is he going to be able to talk his way into a job? Not many i'd imagine.

I will say though his bullshit worked its magic with the casual fans. They actually think he did a decent job, wasn't allowed to sign his players and was sacked unfairly.

Needless to say the Kiwi Liverpool 'fan' who said this to me got put in his place and is now fully aware of the truth.

It's amazing how pundits talked about him just before he got the sack without really referencing anything that's happened this season - it's almost as if they were stuck in some time-loop in August.

• Like 3

I don't even think he did THAT well last season. 

It was lovely to scrape survival again and it's always nice to see your team in an FA cup final. But that's it, we were a part of the fixture. We may as well have not bothered which for me subtracts any achievement in getting there.

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

We lost at home to Burnley, when we weren't 100% safe (I think), that's when he lost me.

Winning the FA cup over PL survival would have been for him, and only him, in his mind.

We went into the last game of the season 4 points clear of Hull in 18th so were safe.

• Like 2

Yep we were completely safe by the Burnley game (thanks to Spurs) but the performance was still pretty dreadful although I guess would've been excusable had we bothered to put up a fight in the final which we of course didn't.

Cup Final lost me.

It was great to get there, and the semi final was superb. But if you can't motivate or organise your team to perform better than they did in the club's first cup final for 15 years then something's wrong.
I still think he lost the dressing room with the "loser" comments prior to the final.

I admit to being optimistic in the summer given our signings but I think even 2 or 3 games into this season we all knew it wasn't working.

Â