The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If we'd sacked him earlier some people would have been annoyed if we appointed Garde instead of Big Sam.

And some people will still be annoyed if we go down and Sunderland stay up.

Nt saying that will happen but I like how you've come to the decision that Garde is a better appointment after what, 4 combined games?

If we'd sacked him earlier some people would have been annoyed if we appointed Garde instead of Big Sam.

And some people will still be annoyed if we go down and Sunderland stay up.

Nt saying that will happen but I like how you've come to the decision that Garde is a better appointment after what, 4 combined games?

Maybe so, but I personally I would have been royally pissed off if Sam was appointed at any stage.

is there something wrong with that? not exactly that outrageous to prefer FatSam then is it?

Not really.  Me personally, I'm sick of British style, anti football kick and run merchants.  On top of that, I find Sam quite unlikeable.

When you look at how our club is set up now with the whole sporting director thing, it clear to me that we needed to go continental.

Edited by Wainy316

Did you dislike him as much as o'leary?

Way more.

I should add that I couldn't stand him long before he ever became Villa manager.

O'Leary was a div, but at least he had some skills in management to back it up.

• Like 3

Did you dislike him as much as o'leary?

Way more.

I should add that I couldn't stand him long before he ever became Villa manager.

O'Leary was a div, but at least he had some skills in management to back it up.

Thats true, the thing I didnt like about Sherwood was he talked a hell of a lot of how great he is but could not back it up. He was absolutely hopeless

And yet in a way, Tim is an inspiration to us all because he shows us that you can be whatever you want to be, completely irrespective of your abilities.  You can blag your way into pretty much anything.  It's staying there for any length of time that's the tricky bit.

• Like 3

And yet in a way, Tim is an inspiration to us all because he shows us that you can be whatever you want to be, completely irrespective of your abilities.  You can blag your way into pretty much anything.  It's staying there for any length of time that's the tricky bit.

Way OT but that reminds me of a conversation I had with an apprentice on site last year. He was a young lad who's heart really wasn't in it, moaning about the job, the hours and the wage. He told me he had only recently returned to this particular contractor after landing a £20ph job through an agency.

He wasn't coming the billy big balls, he acknowledged that he was in no way skilled enough for such a role, his logic though was brilliant. He said that he figured it would only take a few hours before they realised he didn't know what he was doing, so he could phone in sick to his current employer, go and earn (blag) £20ph for a day (more than he currently earned in a week) and then simply return to his apprenticeship the day after.

He lasted 7 weeks before they let him go :)

Way OT but that reminds me of a conversation I had with an apprentice on site last year. He was a young lad who's heart really wasn't in it, moaning about the job, the hours and the wage. He told me he had only recently returned to this particular contractor after landing a £20ph job through an agency.

He wasn't coming the billy big balls, he acknowledged that he was in no way skilled enough for such a role, his logic though was brilliant. He said that he figured it would only take a few hours before they realised he didn't know what he was doing, so he could phone in sick to his current employer, go and earn (blag) £20ph for a day (more than he currently earned in a week) and then simply return to his apprenticeship the day after.

He lasted 7 weeks before they let him go :)

Tell you what mate, you're lucky Donnie isn't a mod, going that far off topic. ;)

Banned is what you'd have been! :D

• Like 2

Turned down Blackburn job

imagine his Gobshite-line

"Naaaaaaaaa, not for me, Tim Sherwood, I don't do Championship"

then they end up with Lambert

poor Blackburn fans, from King Kenny/Shearer & Sutton to Lambert via FatSam

On 11/12/2015, 4:54:39, DK82 said:

I'm not so sure another club would be so gullible as to fall for his sweet talking.

Yep, Hindsight or not, we got properly mugged off.

There have been many embarrassing things that have happened to us Villa fans in recent years and this is up there with the worst of them.

Â