The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Good article. Would like to think 'Arry read it, my only hope is the name "Fourfourtwo" would sound reassuringly familiar to him, oranges at half time, jumpers for goal posts, that kind of thing.

It's as if he's permanently staying on message that English/British know best, we invented the bloody game, 1966 and all that. Foreigners dive, don't you know!?

Growing up I had something approaching respect for him, he was at West Ham and he seemed to be doing a solid job. Since then he really does seem like a parody of mike bassett.

Anyway, I'm glad that common sense seems to be prevailing about the sacking of Sherwood across the media.

be interesting if QPR appoint sherwood as I am sure he would want ramsey as his number 2!

I think they've got more sense than that. Twice now Sherwood has shown himself to be hopelessly out of depth and only good for the first few months.

Balague in truth knows **** all about the inside dealings at Spanish clubs. I cannot remember how many times he has said a manager or player is a done deal and it has turned out to be false. Moyes will probably be sacked within a week judging by Balague's track record.

Hello.

Absolutely

And we also heard from Spurs fans who predicted what he would be like, but some ignored them as jealous Spurs fans.

#hangsheadinshame.

To be fair, Sherwood talks a very good game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to be caught out by him. He had me begging for facials over the summer.

Absolutely

And we also heard from Spurs fans who predicted what he would be like, but some ignored them as jealous Spurs fans.

To be fair to some people on here, there have quite a few bad experiences over the years with Spurs fans telling us that Ashley Young was going to sign for them, as was Benteke to name a couple of incidents. What I am trying to say is that Spurs fans have a reputation as BS artists on here, so when the Sherwood stuff came up a lot of fans on here were rightly suspicious of what they were saying.

To be fair they were correct this time, but equally quite a few on here were not sure of the appointment at the time but got behind the manager at the time as that was who we were relying on to get us out of the mess we were in at that time. And in fairness to TS he did manage to keep us up, and got us to a Cup Final (albeit a terrible experience in the final) which is all we could have asked. In hindsight, we should have sacked him in the summer and bought in someone better then, but I guessed his cup run earned him a shot at a full season.

In hindsight, we should have sacked him in the summer and bought in someone better then, but I guessed his cup run earned him a shot at a full season.

I think the fact that he kept us up was what saved him. Despite the shameful result at Southampton he still did a good job for us in the league last season.

It's weird because although sacking him in the summer now looks like something we should've done at the time there wouldn't have been much justification for it. If we'd sacked him in the summer not only would that have been an unpopular move among the fans at the time but it could've also warded off potential managers in the future.

Obviously, the club were absolutely justified in sacking him when they did and if anything should've done so a game or two earlier.

And yeah I know DK didn't actually say what I quoted but the quoting system on the new VT is awkward!

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

The time to sack his was directly after the Stoke game. I was willing to give him a bit more time until I saw the team he put out for Stoke. We had that two week international break before the Swansea game. We should have really brought Garde in then. 

• Like 1

Â