The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He would do well at QPR i think

At any level of Football, a Manager needs to be tactically aware and/or have good Man Management skills to be able to get the best from his Players.

Bringing on 2 forwards (neither of whom looked fit) to protect a 2 goal lead, and calling his players losers before a cup final suggests that Tim Sherwood has none of these things.

Championship, league one, it doesn't matter where he goes, he is not a football Manager.

Just got a popup on my phone from the fourfourtwo app 

Sherwood "I didn't have final say on Villa transfers"

I'm trying to find a link to the actual article but its essentially him saying that there was a committee, there was loads of players to choose from and the 12 that were signed were not agreed by him alone.

Nothing new really but that is clearly the narrative he is going with now which is to be expected.

Here's the article http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sherwood-i-did-not-have-final-say-villa-signings

Aston Villa's owner is the man with the final say in signings, according to former manager Tim Sherwood.

Sacked Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood claims he was not involved in the final decision making for any of the club's signings in the off-season.

The 46-year-old was let go by Villa after the club's disastrous start to the Premier League season last month.

Villa sit bottom in the table after picking up just one win from their opening 11 games. 

And now Sherwood has hit back at the club, claiming that all of Villa's signings were decided by a committee – with owner Randy Lerner having the final say.

"There was a committee, which I was part of — so I had a say in the players I wanted to bring into the football club," he told beIN Sports.

"We ended up signing 12 players, although there was a lot more players given to the committee than 12, and we ended up with what we ended up with.

"I believe that those players in time will be good players for the football club, but when you bring in a lot of players from other countries that have not played and experienced the Premier League before, the competitive nature of it, it is going to take time.

"I certainly had a say, but the final say? It was more of a combined collective decision and ultimately the man who puts his hand in his pocket is the one who has to make that decision.

"Randy Lerner has spent an awful lot of his money at that football club for a long, long period of time."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sherwood-i-did-not-have-final-say-villa-signings#mcWabKClPaeMJRRr.99

Edited by sexbelowsound

I don't think he was blaming anyone in that article, just pointing out what happens, He didn't say he didn't want any of those players 

• Like 2

And just to add to Sherwood's comments....

I doubt Randy Lerner said in the meetings let's sign Jordan Amavi, Veretout and Gana. Well unless he plays Football Manager.

I watched a decent amount of French football last season and had never heard of them until we were being linked with them.

What he did probably do was take one look at Sherwood's list which had Andros Townsend, Cambiasso, Lennon  Huddlestone etc on and said sorry mate I've already gone down the British route of high wages under MON and I'm not going there again.

Maybe a compromise of the two would've been better, the club were serious about Adebayor so it was probably him but given how poor Lescott and Gestede have been, would we have really been that much better off if Sherwood had got his signings.

And it would've cost the club a lot more in the long term to get rid of them just like in 2010.

Did him and Wilkins not sign confidentially clauses in their dismissal agreements, normally managers stay mute for a period of time like Lambert did.

To be fair Lambert didn't need to sign any agreement that would mute him for a period of time as nobody outside of Glasgow could understand a word he mumbled.

Sherwood and Lambert both being linked with the Fulham job, poor Fulham perhaps but that's the level both need to prove themselves at.

The poor b@stards. What have they done to deserve any of those 2 muppets!

Â