The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sorry Tim, but that's it from me.

I did/do actually like him as a person, his enthusiasm is infectious. He did a job for us last season when we were in the mire. So for that, thanks.

But his time is now up. We have decent players here who should be challenging higher up the table. The players are accountable up to a point, but the blame ultimately falls to Tim.

Villa, put him and us out of our collective misery please.

• Like 3

I'm gonna' say it because I've had beer..

But I like Sherwood. I really do. He has personality, belief, passion and energy in bundles. The only he thing he lacks is any talent at managing a football team (and a job now).

If he had come in with a head for tactics and got the team off to a good start, he would be a fan favourite because he has that personality.

So as a person and motivator? I like him. As a manager? Well, he's just not ready for this level.

I like him too but its a results game and the results are appalling.

Time for (another) change. 

Will we ever get it right at this club?

• Like 1

The harsh reality is that the players are not playing for Tim. This is the first game that i have seen them really try.

He is unlucky because he has been trying to urge the players on the pitch to attack and play more positive, but he does not help the cause by slating and blaming players in the media.

I would be very surprised if he is still our manager by Monday evening.

We need a Premier League experienced manager that commands respect of the dressing room, tactically astute and has a strong coaching team that can organise the team.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

I wouldnt say the players arent playing for him, the players are just not good enough. Pinning your hopes on 2 players that have played most of their games in Spanish 2nd division, Gabby and a striker from Blackburn says it all

part of me feels sorry for him as this team of losers keep letting him down and part of that is down to coaching and being disciplined our luck is officially out we have been riding our luck for years now but this is the year and im ready for us to go down as much as it is embarrassing and hearing the shit from blue noses and baggies boils my blood we simply don't belong in this league anymore. 

Don't feel sorry for him, clearly not up to it.  Don't dislike him, don't particularly like him - and to be honest I don't care who is in charge as long as they have a game plan.  Every good manager has a style of play yes they adapt it depending on opposition but they have a style, we don't.  I couldn't tell you what the game plan was today, it's a cop out saying we had attacking players on the pitch, that means nothing if we don't have a plan. Swansea although not playing well had a game plan, and like it or not they got what they set out to by playing in a manner they were set out to. At not point during the game did I feel we were going to be a result. 

If if he gets sacked is yet to be seen, but if he does then we have to pick a manager who has a style that suits our current players, we don't have the luxury of changing them and I truly believe the current crop set up in a formation and style with a determined purpose we have enough to get out of the huge pile of manure we are in, just hope it's not to late.

Ok now it's up to the board.

They finally did the right thing last season getting rid of Lambert and saving our PL status, now they need to act again.

This scenario was always the most likely one with Sherwood, should have been replaced in the summer by an actual manager.

Should have been replaced during the international break, but is still here.

If they don't act asap we'll be cut adrift before new year and regardless whom we'll bring in it will be too late.

ACT NOW!

Â