The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I have a feeling they sacked him at the meeting and now we're just playing out the process.

Process? Can you clarify more? 

I'm probably mis-remembering, but I seem to recall there being a meeting with Lambert (or without Lambert) and after the meeting the speculation grew and then he was removed. Sacking a manager is a multi million pound endeavour nowadays - being Alan Sugar and shouting "You're fired" costs you millions - there's a process of negotiation, will you go for this much, will you go for that much, if I pay your staff fully will you take less, will you agree to a non-disclosure, all of that sort of thing needs to be played out by the lawyers and the agents and everyone else involved. I do wonder if that process has begun.

I don't think that necessarily needs to be bottomed out before the trigger is pulled... Otherwise you'd have a bunch of disgruntled managers with no authority overseeing their final games. It'd be madness to keep on someone you were sacking on performance grounds in post. Especially someone as petulant as Tim. 

And yet it does seem like something that the senior management at this club would do.

I have a feeling they sacked him at the meeting and now we're just playing out the process.

Process? Can you clarify more? 

I'm probably mis-remembering, but I seem to recall there being a meeting with Lambert (or without Lambert) and after the meeting the speculation grew and then he was removed. Sacking a manager is a multi million pound endeavour nowadays - being Alan Sugar and shouting "You're fired" costs you millions - there's a process of negotiation, will you go for this much, will you go for that much, if I pay your staff fully will you take less, will you agree to a non-disclosure, all of that sort of thing needs to be played out by the lawyers and the agents and everyone else involved. I do wonder if that process has begun.

I don't think that necessarily needs to be bottomed out before the trigger is pulled... Otherwise you'd have a bunch of disgruntled managers with no authority overseeing their final games. It'd be madness to keep on someone you were sacking on performance grounds in post. Especially someone as petulant as Tim. 

And yet it does seem like something that the senior management at this club would do.

You're probably right Dale, but it does seem to be something that happens to an extent - you see managers clinging on to jobs with no hope of keeping them and I'm always convinced it's down to the money involved in moving on. I have a feeling these things take weeks not minutes. Although everything you've said there makes a lot of sense, so I'm probably wrong.

Bob Bradley has gone as low as 4/1 when I just checked odds checker from 10/1 to be next villa gaffer. 

Thought that was curious. Never heard of him. 

He's perpetually linked because he's American and Lerner is American. He's been the early pacesetter with the bookies every time we've replaced a manager since MON, no chance of him being appointed though. 

another one for you, out of the 16 teams that played on saturday we covered the least amount of ground, not putting a shift in either

I havn't thought a REAL shift has gone in for ages, I don't subscribe to some of the posts saying at least we worked hard.... no we don't.

We arent fit but or didnt you hear?

Just seen interview with joe Cole saying that Sherwood needs time as its a new team and these days you need time, thought fair point but then thought ok we bring in Moyes, Rodgers etc, how much time do we give them???

Bob Bradley has gone as low as 4/1 when I just checked odds checker from 10/1 to be next villa gaffer. 

Thought that was curious. Never heard of him. 

He's perpetually linked because he's American and Lerner is American. He's been the early pacesetter with the bookies every time we've replaced a manager since MON, no chance of him being appointed though. 

I see. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Just seen interview with joe Cole saying that Sherwood needs time as its a new team and these days you need time, thought fair point but then thought ok we bring in Moyes, Rodgers etc, how much time do we give them???

They will have 29 games to keep us in the division. After that, the same length of rope as anyone else.

We gave Lambert about a year too long. People aren't turning on Sherwood as a knee jerk reaction bud.

Im all for giving managers' time, but not when things are regressing at this rate. You cant say the things he has been saying, on top of being so clueless with in-game decisions. Looks to have lost the dressing room, the terraces and his head.

This weekend is the final opportunity. Think the board will co-sign on that too. Swansea are out of sorts, 1 goal from open play and no win in last 5, its a game we have to win. 

He has had enough time and has failed miserably.

They will have 29 games to keep us in the division. After that, the same length of rope as anyone else.

We gave Lambert about a year too long. People aren't turning on Sherwood as a knee jerk reaction bud.

Fair comment sherwoods record speaks for itself and its not good reading. I always expected to see where we were at Xmas before we judged but we all know where we are at the present.

Im all for giving managers' time, but not when things are regressing at this rate. You cant say the things he has been saying, on top of being so clueless with in-game decisions. Looks to have lost the dressing room, the terraces and his head.

This weekend is the final opportunity. Think the board will co-sign on that too. Swansea are out of sorts, 1 goal from open play and no win in last 5, its a game we have to win. 

We beat Swansea 4-0 this weekend then what??

For me, if an experienced, proven, quality manager like Moyes (in a set-up similar to what he had at Everton) can't improve this team and drag them out of yearly relegation battles, then it is just proof that nothing will ever change at Villa unless and until the club is just stripped down to its bare bones and rebuilt. It's just getting to the point where the manager is the least of our worries.

Sherwood would become the new queen.

New 4yr contract.

Im all for giving managers' time, but not when things are regressing at this rate. You cant say the things he has been saying, on top of being so clueless with in-game decisions. Looks to have lost the dressing room, the terraces and his head.This weekend is the final opportunity. Think the board will co-sign on that too. Swansea are out of sorts, 1 goal from open play and no win in last 5, its a game we have to win. 

Another squadron of pigs will be refuelled and ready for take off at BHX.

• Like 1

Now that's a false narrative.

Â