The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Come on Tim get it right and get us results. I want to like you but your odd tactics are costing us and pissing me off. He claims he knows his best team now when fully fit. If all goes well we will see it at Swansea. Does he mean Gabby or Okore since their not available for chelsea?

• Like 1

Wow wow wow

So he wants to take and accept responsibility one minute, then next blames blames everything on Benteke leaving.  You couldn't make up some of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Firstly, yes Bentekes goals towards the end of season were absolutely crucial to our survival.

However no single player makes a team, teams built around a single are destined to fail long term.  You could clearly see that with us when either Benteke had an off day or was marked out of the goal by a well drilled defence.  I think many fans were actually highlighting this last year and wanting to see more variation in our attack.

Secondly, with or without the release fee Benteke would have left in the summer, as sad as it is to admit he'd outgrown the club, and I dare say had had enough of annual relegation battles.  Without the release we probably wouldn't have got the 32mil.  Worse case we made him stay and honour his contract, pretty much guarantee he'd be a different player and just go through the motions.

Yes we lost a fantastic player, a proven goal scorer at that, time to move on, he was never going to stick around.  We also gained some exciting talents, focus on them rather than trying to make excuses and bend the truth to deflect attention.  Anyone with half a brain can see straight through his pathetic statements.

Hahaha, I just read a headline that said Sherwood say's we will be sing his name in 4 weeks. My guess is mght  be a lot sooner than that maybe by 3.30pm today he might be hearing his name sang "f### off Sherwood, the Villa is ours" I wonder if that's what he meant? as I couldn't be arsed reading it.

He's out of his depth and every game he remains in charge will only make it more difficult for us to stay up.

• Like 1

Can't remember so much media insight into a villa manager's thoughts. If he can do it today and we beat Chelsea (mwhahahahaaaaaa-haahaha-ha-haaa..) then that could be a turning point for him. Will be interesting to see how the players perform. Have a feeling they won't try so hard...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3276394/Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Premier-League-season-100-cent.html

Tim Sherwood: I will keep Aston Villa in the Premier League this season... 100 per cent

Tim Sherwood insists he was told during the summer transfer window his sole responsibility this season is maintaining Aston Villa's Premier League status.
The Villa manager admitted he could get sacked should results not improve, but dismissed the suggestion he has been told he has two games to save his job.
He said club hierarchy agreed simply surviving would be acceptable following a significant reshaping of the squad and he remains '100 per cent' certain he can meet that objective.

Sherwood has not had any private vote of confidence from owner Randy Lerner or chief executive Tom Fox, but insisted the communication is the same as last season, when Villa produced good form to survive the drop and reach the FA Cup final.
Since then Villa have lost Christian Benteke, Fabian Delph and Tom Cleverley, signing replacements of promise but lacking Premier League experience.

Sherwood said the club's recruitment policy of predominantly opting for young players should benefit the club in the long haul but required time to click.
Villa are in 18th place, four points from safety following a run of six defeats in seven. They travel to Chelsea on Saturday.
'One hundred per cent we'll stay in the Premier League, I've got full belief in that,' said Sherwood. 
'That is the objective this season. We knew it wasn't going to be easy and I think all the decision-makers at the club appreciated that.'
Sherwood equated Villa's loss of Benteke to Luis Suarez leaving Liverpool or Tottenham selling Gareth Bale, pointing out how those sides also suffered. 

He added: 'We scraped through relegation last season and were the worst team left in the Premier League. We lost our three best players and that should put it in perspective.
'I've seen first-hand a lot of players come in to try and replace one. It's difficult. You do drop, but we can't afford to drop. We have to make sure we stay at least where we were. That's the size of the task ahead.
'As a group we decided to go with the philosophy of young so we could build for the future and I think that's why I'm sitting in this seat because I had a record of developing young players previously.'
This week Sportsmail has reported on the friction developing behind the scenes over player recruitment, with Sherwood understood to have preferred a greater number of proven top-flight signings. Scrutiny on his position is high.

He continued: 'I am realistic enough to know that I'm a manager who needs to win matches and we haven't done that. So if you don't win games as a manager, you get sacked, that's what happens. I haven't put a number on it.
'I take full responsibility for results. I'm not hiding in the background. I'm standing up there in that rectangle at the front of the pitch, taking the brunt of it, that's what I get paid for.
'There are a lot of players who are new to this league and it will be a transition period. You can only speed up the process by doing what we're doing on the training pitch. There is no magic wand.
'You have more assurances if you know that people have played in the league before. It's difficult. The group we've got, I'm pleased with. But a large portion are the unknown in this division, one million per cent.' 

Edited by Villan4Life

Another minute has gone by and Sherwood has come out with another excuse has he used this one yet?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470519/Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Christian-Benteke

Losing Benteke is "the real reason" why he's scrapping for survival at Aston Villa

Jesus Wept, How is it an excuse?

Its a contributing fact same as any pundit or fan of Spurs or Liverpool telling you they haven't been the same side since Gareth Bale or Luis Suarez left!

• Like 3

Its becoming evident that if we draw at Chelsea or even nick the win and get our season back on track, a lot of fans will still want him sacked. 

Hopefully history will repeat itself as the last time Jose got sacked, his last Premier League game was a loss to Villa! 

Another minute has gone by and Sherwood has come out with another excuse has he used this one yet?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470519/Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Christian-Benteke

Losing Benteke is "the real reason" why he's scrapping for survival at Aston Villa

He hasn't said that at all, though?

The under-pressure Villa manager said: "If he hadn't had a clause in his contract then £100m wouldn't have taken him away from us.

"He wasn't worth selling for any money. No money can guarantee you Premier League survival - that player could."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3276394/Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Premier-League-season-100-cent.html

Tim Sherwood: I will keep Aston Villa in the Premier League this season... 100 per cent

Tim Sherwood insists he was told during the summer transfer window his sole responsibility this season is maintaining Aston Villa's Premier League status.
The Villa manager admitted he could get sacked should results not improve, but dismissed the suggestion he has been told he has two games to save his job.
He said club hierarchy agreed simply surviving would be acceptable following a significant reshaping of the squad and he remains '100 per cent' certain he can meet that objective.

Sherwood has not had any private vote of confidence from owner Randy Lerner or chief executive Tom Fox, but insisted the communication is the same as last season, when Villa produced good form to survive the drop and reach the FA Cup final.
Since then Villa have lost Christian Benteke, Fabian Delph and Tom Cleverley, signing replacements of promise but lacking Premier League experience.

Sherwood said the club's recruitment policy of predominantly opting for young players should benefit the club in the long haul but required time to click.
Villa are in 18th place, four points from safety following a run of six defeats in seven. They travel to Chelsea on Saturday.
'One hundred per cent we'll stay in the Premier League, I've got full belief in that,' said Sherwood. 
'That is the objective this season. We knew it wasn't going to be easy and I think all the decision-makers at the club appreciated that.'
Sherwood equated Villa's loss of Benteke to Luis Suarez leaving Liverpool or Tottenham selling Gareth Bale, pointing out how those sides also suffered. 

He added: 'We scraped through relegation last season and were the worst team left in the Premier League. We lost our three best players and that should put it in perspective.
'I've seen first-hand a lot of players come in to try and replace one. It's difficult. You do drop, but we can't afford to drop. We have to make sure we stay at least where we were. That's the size of the task ahead.
'As a group we decided to go with the philosophy of young so we could build for the future and I think that's why I'm sitting in this seat because I had a record of developing young players previously.'
This week Sportsmail has reported on the friction developing behind the scenes over player recruitment, with Sherwood understood to have preferred a greater number of proven top-flight signings. Scrutiny on his position is high.

He continued: 'I am realistic enough to know that I'm a manager who needs to win matches and we haven't done that. So if you don't win games as a manager, you get sacked, that's what happens. I haven't put a number on it.
'I take full responsibility for results. I'm not hiding in the background. I'm standing up there in that rectangle at the front of the pitch, taking the brunt of it, that's what I get paid for.
'There are a lot of players who are new to this league and it will be a transition period. You can only speed up the process by doing what we're doing on the training pitch. There is no magic wand.
'You have more assurances if you know that people have played in the league before. It's difficult. The group we've got, I'm pleased with. But a large portion are the unknown in this division, one million per cent.' 

Unless I am missing something.....that seems contrary to most of what is written on the "Tim Sherwood " page.

.....but wins change everything including opinions.....thats all its about right now.

It'll take a lot of wins in addition to many other things for most to change their opinion i'd imagine. Not because they're stubborn but because he looks so far out of his depth.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the mini preseason we have had over the international break pans out today

The first one wasn't enough for Sherwood lets see if he's managed to get the team fit enough to play for 90 minutes this time round

I didn't see this post previously, but how stupid it is..

"Nothing is more pathetic or infuriating to me in this thread than those who have laid into the guy from left right and centre, from his skills (fair game though I disagree with a lot of it and the credentials of those who know better), to his character (based on pretty much nothing and pretty abusive in some aspects).....who then have the nerve to go on to say " I'd love to be proved wrong "........."

There is nothing wrong in admitting you maybe wrong or hope to be proved wrong regarding your behaviour to something or someone . It's normal behaviour! If everyone thought it was wrong to evaluate initial behaviour or decisions for fear of being pathetic the world would be in a much shitter state than it is. IMO there is nothing more infuriating than someone with minimal intelligence and apathy judging everyone else for hoping a person can retrieve a desperate situation for the greater good of all concerned. Regardless of how they feel. 

.....but wins change everything including opinions.....thats all its about right now.

It'll take a lot of wins in addition to many other things for most to change their opinion i'd imagine. Not because they're stubborn but because he looks so far out of his depth.

I think it is almost a certainty we will lose today.....but by some stroke of divine intervention, we win......and we then go on a winning run, all these negative comments towards our manager will be binned....trust me.

I've watched the interviews and read Sherwood's quotes. He's obviously under massive pressure (not least from the standards he sets himself) and he's getting asked a lot about it from journalists.

I don't see him as making excuses - just answering the questions authentically and providing context.

FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with what he's saying - I don't know what everyone expected? We sell our best players and buy a host of unproven young players with no Premier League experience. I'm sure Sherwood would have preferred a little more experience in the signings, but the club have worked as one and are following a strategy. I think Adebayor not coming was a massive blow - you can't just pluck proven PL strikers out of thin air for peanuts.

IMO at a performance level, we are about where I expected us to be so far this season. Some signs of promise, some not so good stuff and a lot of inconsistency. We've never got a total battering, but haven't been able to hold it together long enough when we've needed too.

We have less points than I'd have hoped for though.

I'm in the camp that we should get behind Sherwood and give him more time - I think he deserves that for what he did last season when I (and many others) thought we'd be nailed on to go down. You can't just take the strategy we have, bring in so many players and not give them time to get it right. I've always thought we need to get to Christmas to make a proper assessment

• Like 1

I think it is almost a certainty we will lose today.....but by some stroke of divine intervention, we win......and we then go on a winning run, all these negative comments towards our manager will be binned....trust me.

I doubt it.

Also, out of interest. Why do so many of your posts start indented?

It's becoming the TRO calling card. :)

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I didn't see this post previously, but how stupid it is..

"Nothing is more pathetic or infuriating to me in this thread than those who have laid into the guy from left right and centre, from his skills (fair game though I disagree with a lot of it and the credentials of those who know better), to his character (based on pretty much nothing and pretty abusive in some aspects).....who then have the nerve to go on to say " I'd love to be proved wrong "........."

There is nothing wrong in admitting you maybe wrong or hope to be proved wrong regarding your behaviour to something or someone . It's normal behaviour! If everyone thought it was wrong to evaluate initial behaviour or decisions for fear of being pathetic the world would be in a much shitter state than it is. IMO there is nothing more infuriating than someone with minimal intelligence and apathy judging everyone else for hoping a person can retrieve a desperate situation for the greater good of all concerned. Regardless of how they feel. 

It's not about whether Tim Sherwood has had enough time or not, or what's fair on him. It's about what's best for the future of the football club.

? Then by definition it is ALL about whethwhether he has had enough time.....

Not sure you are allowed to say I have minimal intelligence ?

You entirely miss my point, oh intelligent one.

I have no issue with 'evaluations of decisions' lol !

And if you think it is normal behaviour to abuse, denigrate, and insult someone, then say, " on but of course I hope I'm proved wrong" I feel sorry for those you do it to.

It is one thing to state reservations or criticisms, or predict flaws or problems, and then say, " I hope I'm proved wrong", and quite another to post some of the stuff in the last twenty pages and then say it.

Â