The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think I've got more of the requisite skills needed to Manage a football team than Tim. 

I'll never talk about myself in the third person, my team will have guts, and you'll all be cheering my name in 3 weeks. 

An av1 team is full of fighter's, an av1 one team is a winning team.

Personally I have given him enough stick myself the last couple of weeks due to some of his comments, but mostly because of his decision making before and during the games. I have called him a clown etc as others have, and rightly so at the time as I felt angry. Thing is though with regards to his comments, everyone is capable of acting a clown and talking shit when upset, p****d off, being defensive or even when trying to be clever(take that post above as an example ;)). And for myself, on reflection and looking at things from the outside, I think he does deserve a bit of leeway where his mouth is concerned to be fair. I cannot think of us ever having a manager that didn't talk shit at some point! 

Even though I am very doubtful he can turn it around in time to save his job I would absolutely love to be proven wrong and take good points from the next few games, stabilise and then start to kick on. I just hope we have a go at chelsea tomorrow though and try to take the game to them first and foremost. Fingers crossed and UTV! 

• Like 4

I don't see the point in changing manager again, he has just got all these players in and it will take time to get it all together. Some other questions can be raised about formations/subs etc but he tries to change it up at least. Tomorrows game is a dead match, I don't care. Swansea is the key one, must win that.

We spent net 5m, another 15m on top of that could have got us a top striker we need. I do wish we could get Grealish/Adama/Gil all on the pitch, but I think Sherwood sees them 3 as weakening the rest of the team too much and we will be left with a weak CM/Defence.

Personally I can see potential. The performances haven't been great but they haven't been awful, it just doesn't seem to click at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't see the point in changing manager again, he has just got all these players in and it will take time to get it all together. Some other questions can be raised about formations/subs etc but he tries to change it up at least. Tomorrows game is a dead match, I don't care. Swansea is the key one, must win that.

We spent net 5m, another 15m on top of that could have got us a top striker we need. I do wish we could get Grealish/Adama/Gil all on the pitch, but I think Sherwood sees them 3 as weakening the rest of the team too much and we will be left with a weak CM/Defence.

Personally I can see potential. The performances haven't been great but they haven't been awful, it just doesn't seem to click at the moment.

so, basically you want to give him more time.

you don't care about the Chelsea game because it's a dead match, so I take it you expect us to lose. Fair enough, most think the same.

but the Swansea game is key?

what if we lose that too? Or draw it.  How much longer do wait for it all to 'gel together'?

Nothing is more pathetic or infuriating to me in this thread than those who have laid into the guy from left right and centre, from his skills (fair game though I disagree with a lot of it and the credentials of those who know better), to his character (based on pretty much nothing and pretty abusive in some aspects).....who then have the nerve to go on to say " I'd love to be proved wrong ".........

You really can't hammer the guy then if we get a result or two say 'fair play Tim'......you can't declare the guy useless then go back on it.

Either have respect for the blokes skills and his efforts, and patience to see whether it works, or write him off.........but if you write him off you write him off, it really is pretty ' ordinary', to quote Shane Warne, to effectively say " he is clueless, awful, and a knob, UNLESS he turns out not to be.....!!!!!!!

Another minute has gone by and Sherwood has come out with another excuse has he used this one yet?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470519/Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Christian-Benteke

Losing Benteke is "the real reason" why he's scrapping for survival at Aston Villa

That's what the sub-editor wrote for the headline. It's not at all what Sherwood says to the reporter. 

Here's a news flash:

The Daily Star's headlines tend to scream and twist at 100dB to tease readers.

You grabbed the stinkbait -- hook, line, and ...

Â