The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

5 games with a brand new team. And there are calls for him to be sacked and he's getting hammered for what seems like a pretty soft, reasonable response in the post game interview. 

The subs weren't great but Guzan has let us down and two midfield players offered no protection and collapsed with 30 minutes to go. Sherwood takes a lot of the blame but the usual OTT responses from the usual crowd, who made it clear from day one how they felt about the manager, are just ridiculous.

5 games in. 5. 5 games.

• Like 1

so 5 games in a complete overhaul of the team and some fans have already turned on the manager. Some even want him sacked and Sam bloody Alerdyce bought in!  By that logic those same fans must have been happy with Lamberts new contract after 5 games last season. We did have 11 points after all. 

Shocking. 

• Like 2

dr wrong option taking off gil putting in hutton gestede wasnt a good decision either wtf sherwood im feeling as if someone has pissed on my family

sorry for the language i feel rotten this is an unbearable feeling tim never let us be 2 nil up to be 3   2 down in the finish shocking stuff im absolutely appalled by the overall decision making

We will learn from it. 

We clearly aren't though.

can we discuss that in the new year instead of after 5 games?

It isn't 5 games though. He's making the same mistakes he made last season.

and apparently at Spurs.

Yep. I don't whether he's incapable of learning or too arrogant to learn.

Either one is bad for us.

We will learn from it. 

does last season need to be criticised? He did what he had to in order to keep us up. He's rebuilt pretty much the entire squad. 

Big problem for me is if you look at the goals we've conceded since  he came in, a lot have come from failing to cut out crosses and we've also become very dodgy again from corners. This season we conceded at Palace, Clark got the blame, we concede a similar one today. Last season we let Berahino unmarked, also Clint Hill v QPR and also that joke goal in the cup final. This is all with various centre halfs on the pitch so that tells me the fundamentals of drilling it into them on the training ground of either man to man marking or zonal just isn't good enough.

Edit: You can spend god knows how much but in the Premier league if you can't do basics like defending set pieces well enough you'll always concede cheap goals at crucial times and they affect results no matter what the performances  are like.

I was also concerned by some of his in game substitutions last season, I'm not convinced he's a great reader of games. Today Leicester were well on top and we got lucky going 2 up in the first place so I can't quite believe how he thought putting in someone like Ayew who still very much has to convince was a good idea. Putting on Gestede at 2-1 aswell, baffling.

Edited by VillaChris

Looked like he was gonna cry on that beeb interview. Should have said he got it badly wrong in regards to subs today. But maybe he doesnt think he is getting it wrong. Its a worry because I bet in every single match thread ypu go through here since he came in there will be plenty of comments from confused fans even in games we've won about the logic behind his changes. They dont make sense and are normally deciding factors, for the worse, in the outcome of games.

He has rebuilt a side and missing our best midfielder today which was a huge loss going into last 20 minutes, Individual errors have cost us again this week and they will be removed over time. Amavi vs Palace, Clark vs Sunderland and Bacuna and Guzan today have cost us at least 6 points

Interesting only 1 came from a player he has brought in

• Like 1

We are all looking for a scapegoat and someone or something to blame but the Leicester City circlejerk is fully erect this point and at home with their crowd behind them they could beat Real Madrid at this point. Theyre second ffs.

We all know its going to.come to an end. They dont have the players and teams will figure out Mahrez. We should have closed this out but at least our best creative players are in the team and doing damage.

For me the big thing is turning around our home form. If we can not lose at home for 5 or 6 games we will be in such a good position. Not too worried about the away matches.

Still stings though.

We will learn from it. 

does last season need to be criticised? He did what he had to in order to keep us up. He's rebuilt pretty much the entire squad. 

Ye he kept us up and made plenty of mistakes along the way, ones that he is still making and that is costing us so obviously it's relevent and should be brought up. We don't have Benteke to save us this time so we need the manager to learn how to get points out of games and not just throw them away with his tactical naivety.

dr wrong option taking off gil putting in hutton gestede wasnt a good decision either wtf sherwood im feeling as if someone has pissed on my family

sorry for the language i feel rotten this is an unbearable feeling tim never let us be 2 nil up to be 3   2 down in the finish shocking stuff im absolutely appalled by the overall decision making

The problem was them shifting Marhez into the centre where he caused us all sorts of problems. We needed to counter this tactically, be that putting a player on the pitch on him, or bringing on one to do so. Sherwood didn't see this, and just shouted at the players to get the ball back.  That was his biggest tactical balls up.

We will learn from it. 

Ye he kept us up and made plenty of mistakes along the way, ones that he is still making and that is costing us so obviously it's relevent and should be brought up. We don't have Benteke to save us this time so we need the manager to learn how to get points out of games and not just throw them away with his tactical naivety.

i think he's made some mistakes but Guzan and Amavi have cost us more points IMO. It's also Tim's tactics that see us outplaying most teams in the first half and them having to adjust. I do agree that Tim needs to be better and reacting when teams make that change.

To much emphasis on tactics for me. I don't care what decisions Sherwood made we were going to lose that game because they wanted it more and they were pumped to the max. Crowd was like a 12th man. Yes it's disappointing but this is the same ground where they beat Man U 5-3 when 3-1 down. Sometimes it happens. We will learn from it. 

The crowd was like a 12th man because we allowed it to be. If we had killed their momentum by making the right tactical changes when 2-0 up, all you would have heard is singing from the away fans.

I hope Tim soon realises that Sanchez and Westwood aren't capable against 3 central midfield players, certainly not with the pace of players such as Mahrez (this isn't necessarily a dig at either of these two, as there aren't many central midfielders in our price range that can). First half today we were excellent, no doubt. But this was partly down to Leicester's 4-4-2 formation. Both Sanchez and Westwood were good first half, dominated the midfield allowing our attacking players to find space with the ball.

Some may have found it odd when at 1-0 down, Ranieri decided to bring a off a striker for a midfielder but his decision to bring Dyer on and moving Mahrez central completely changed the game, hence why the crowd was behind them. A good manager will address when something isn't working or needs changing, before it's too late. We saw this away at Palace and we've seen it again today when a more experienced manager has 'out thought' Tim.

There are a lot of positives with Sherwood, but this is one area that needs massive improvement. Whilst individual errors have cost us in the last three games, had we been better tactically, we'd be in the top half of the table.

I honestly think going 2 up was the worst thing that could've happened to us as funny as it sounds. I honestly though Sherwood at that point thought the game was won, we were on easy street and he could start giving minutes to some of our attackers.

I can't believe at 1 up and under the cosh he would've maybe the same changes. Would we have held on at 1-0, maybe not but those subs were ridiculous. 

Â