The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I know what you mean. There's always going to be a slight fear that things won't work out, players won't click etc. We've had our fair share of false dawns.

But I think we have the majority of the pieces, the team appears to have a bit more character about them. Going 1-0 down last season would have meant an inevitable defeat rather than being back on level terms within 3 minutes.

Sherwood has said recently it's how you finish the season and I'm inclined to agree. Worries over a slightly stuttery start can be tempered with the fact we started well last season and things changed pretty quickly.

There are goals in this team and if we have that, then that's a good part of the battle won.

• Like 1

Jeez before the season started most of the ones having a moan now said that we'd not pick up a single point because we'd lose to Bournemouth cos of new to premier league boost. Loose to Utd and palace as they are miles ahead of us. So that doesn't transpire then it's something else. No game is guaranteed 3points. Who'd have thought West Ham would beat plop, palace beat Chelsea, boggies beat a better team in Stoke.

We will be fine this season. Once we get grealish traore (and gabby- he'd have done well yesterday as he always does against Sunderland).

The negativity is mind boggling this early. The team will get better once they gel and get to understand each other.

Take a chill pill it does you good. You'll have a better life.

• Like 2

Our overall play has been good so far in to the season.....its just individual errors which are denying us more points.

we will eliminate them and we will be fine.

• Like 2

We aren't going to stop conceding goals any time soon - the collective experience of our Clark and Richards combined is roughly 150 games. That's not enough IMO and as Clark, playing next to someone who doesn't know where to put themselves half the time, doesn't mark very well and goes haring off up the pitch like a madman without a moment's notice, I wouldn't be feeling confident and settled at all. 

If you're going to reply with something like 'You have a vendetta against Richards', can you just post a response to the criticisms of him and how you think I'm wrong about that instead? It's getting boring.

Edited by lexicon

I think, particularly in view of his lack of first team action, Richards looks like he could be immense.

Incredibly powerful, quick, senses danger, a beast when he marauds forwards.

That run yesterday when he did 60 metres to backside the ball of the line at the end of a move he started.....had that gone when have you seen a better CB goal ?

And in the first half a terrific cut out which resulted in him nearly breaking his neck on the goalposts.

I honestly think he looks the business.

And funnily enough I think Clark does too, considering the hammering he has been a part of the last few years....he reads danger well.

Yes they both make mistakes, but so did Nicholl, Evans, Mcnaught, McGrath, Mellberg ,Laursen and the rest. It happens.

I don't think Guzan has had an awful lot to do so far this season and I think we'll be fine defensively.

I know what you mean. There's always going to be a slight fear that things won't work out, players won't click etc. We've had our fair share of false dawns.

But I think we have the majority of the pieces, the team appears to have a bit more character about them. Going 1-0 down last season would have meant an inevitable defeat rather than being back on level terms within 3 minutes.

Sherwood has said recently it's how you finish the season and I'm inclined to agree. Worries over a slightly stuttery start can be tempered with the fact we started well last season and things changed pretty quickly.

There are goals in this team and if we have that, then that's a good part of the battle won.

Agree. And would add that the pace we attacked with for most of Saturday was as good as anything I've seen recently.

• Like 1

I think, particularly in view of his lack of first team action, Richards looks like he could be immense.

Incredibly powerful, quick, senses danger, a beast when he marauds forwards.

That run yesterday when he did 60 metres to backside the ball of the line at the end of a move he started.....had that gone when have you seen a better CB goal ?

And in the first half a terrific cut out which resulted in him nearly breaking his neck on the goalposts.

I honestly think he looks the business.

And funnily enough I think Clark does too, considering the hammering he has been a part of the last few years....he reads danger well.

Yes they both make mistakes, but so did Nicholl, Evans, Mcnaught, McGrath, Mellberg ,Laursen and the rest. It happens.

I don't think Guzan has had an awful lot to do so far this season and I think we'll be fine defensively.

'

I'm not disputing his good points - I agree you with you re: 'Incredibly powerful, quick, senses danger, a beast when he marauds forwards.'

But it's sacrilegious to put his name anywhere near those guys. Of course they made mistakes but they were far better CBs than Richards, it's not even close. 

I don't care much for the perceived form of Richards' performances, at CB or otherwise, prior to him joining Villa.

I do care that Richards' competitive performances at Villa have been more than decent.

• Like 2

Enough with the entitled to go down bs

Whilst noble and in principle I agree, if you look at the game globally in the last 40 years, contact in the box on a striker means they will go to ground. It's like an unwritten rule.

Enough with the entitled to go down bs

It was tounge in cheek. Did you see the next part of the interview when asked if he felt strongly about it and he replied No and started laughing.

God, I wish he'd stop having a bloody personality and start talking like a dour scotch robot. That way we can deconstruct every single word printed about him and get all angry and that without fear of being made to look like mugs.

• Like 3

He makes a lot more mistakes than they ever did - you need someone who makes as few mistakes as possible at CB.

Exactly why Clark should be replaced with Lescott (hopefully)

I'm not going to comment on Richards as it has been done to death and we'll let his performances on the pitch do the talking, which so far have been very good

We have had a poor start but I think we are only 2 points down on pre-season predictions (as I suspect that only 6 points from the first 4 games was what quite a few would have expected). Last season we had a better start and some people started to get carried away when it was pretty obvious to others that the shit was about to follow. Let's take stock after about 12 games and see how it looks then. It's too early to call now.

• Like 1

Â