The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Just now, DCJonah said:

My original post was mainly about Sherwood. I then responded to others. Not in anyway similar. 

22 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not different at all. 

It's hilarious hypocrisy from some. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Not really no. Unless you want to celebrate getting to the cup final. The final itself was shambolic but seems people have forgotten this. Terrible final with one of the worst managers I have ever witnessed in the dugout. 

Well, the spell up to the final (well, up to the Soton game) was probably our best spell of top flight football in years. Yes, it was short lived and slim pickings but I'm not going to rewrite history and say it was all shit under him, because it wasn't. You are right though, the final still makes me angry! 

• Like 1

I think a lot of the problem is that some said it couldn't get worse than Lambert, all their eggs went into Sherwood's basket because he wasn't Lambert and after a honeymoon period it did get worse. It's hard to climb down from that 'it can't get worse' high horse. 

21 hours ago, DK82 said:

I think a lot of the problem is that some said it couldn't get worse than Lambert, all their eggs went into Sherwood's basket because he wasn't Lambert and after a honeymoon period it did get worse. It's hard to climb down from that 'it can't get worse' high horse. 

Personally, the last few months under Lambert were the worst I have ever seen. 

I don't even class the Garde time as everyone had given up then!

• Like 1

After the initial honeymoon bounce, it was some of the worst football I have ever seen. It's like when you see a kid constantly falling over and running back to mummy and daddy, but they keep on trying that same walk across the same slippery patch and keep falling and keep crying. That was the tactics under Tim. I actually think a blind man with a boner could have beaten Tim's tactics.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

He was on Goals on Sunday this morning, stated he was offered "plenty" of jobs in the championship but they weren't for him. Now apparently he states he is talks with clubs to go back to coaching (youth players).

Think Tactics Tim knows he isn't cut out for senior management.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

He was on Goals on Sunday this morning, stated he was offered "plenty" of jobs in the championship but they weren't for him. Now apparently he states he is talks with clubs to go back to coaching (youth players).

Excuses excuses, the guys a fraud and some posters said they would rather have him over Bruce. 

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Amazed he had the cheek to go on a football programme 24 hours after the club that employs him got relegated.

He said he was only there to help the chairman out,  wast paid and doesn't know if he will be there next season 

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

He did, but I am 99% sure he priced himself out of those offers, particularily the QPR one.

OT but with regards to lambert, we could/should have gone down under him years before. I personally would have sacked him after the Bradford debacle, but fair play we had a strong finish to the season after. The season after, we beat arsenal, Chelsea, soton away and Liverpool away? Not sure on the last but thats 9/12 points we got which were bloody lucky and kept us up. Sherwood was a complete crook but at least the bounce was good for a bit!

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get the hate for Sherwood.  He gave us the WBA Quarter Final which was the best atmosphere in ages at Villa Park then the Semi Final at Wembley which was a brilliant day.  Less said about The Final the better!!  We were doomed to relegation under Lambert and he saved us.   

Hindsight is a great thing and maybe we should have give the money from selling our best players to another manager.  However the shit going on from Lerner and co maybe any manager would have struggled.  

He has that brashness that rubs people up the wrong way but I enjoyed it at the time so can't knock him.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Yeah I don't get the hate for Sherwood.  He gave us the WBA Quarter Final which was the best atmosphere in ages at Villa Park then the Semi Final at Wembley which was a brilliant day.  Less said about The Final the better!!  We were doomed to relegation under Lambert and he saved us.   

Hindsight is a great thing and maybe we should have give the money from selling our best players to another manager.  However the shit going on from Lerner and co maybe any manager would have struggled.  

He has that brashness that rubs people up the wrong way but I enjoyed it at the time so can't knock him.

Oh yeah the same final where we humiliated? Id rather not have got there if that was the type of performance he is going to put the side through. Sheer embarrassment. Also the complete flop the following season getting battered each week. Remember the 6-1 at Southampton? Absolutely disgraceful 

Then we lost at home to Burnley another embarrassment 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Stop have ago at Sherwood. He got us to a cup final, something no man has ever done, and yes it was the most one sided football match in the final since Man United - Millwall, but we are only Aston Villa.

Best thing to happen in out history. A miracle he got us there! Reckon we should build a statue of him destroying team spirit, or of him using only one tactic which fell apart and he had no clue after? Can't decide. 

Edited by DK82

Â