The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Obsessed. Or does that just apply to Westwood?

Sherwood is a tool. I can't believe i actually was behind this man at some point. He's going to retire with two premier league management positions on his CV, which is just incredible. 

It's different here as Sherwood has gotten himself a news story, hasn't he?

(P.S:  Although thanks for directing me to the Ashley Westwood thread, I hadn't read those last couple of pages and they are absolute **** gold :crylaugh:)

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's different here as Sherwood has gotten himself a news story, hasn't he?

(P.S:  Although thanks for directing me to the Ashley Westwood thread, I hadn't read those last couple of pages and they are absolute **** gold :crylaugh:)

It's not different at all. 

It's hilarious hypocrisy from some. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not different at all. 

It's hilarious hypocrisy from some. 

People were still posting post-match commentary of Westwood like he still played for us and not irrelevant Burnley.

Meanwhile this is a noteworthy and hilarious news story that I've also seen on another football forum of another team (Redcafe). Are they obsessed too? It's a complete false equivalency. 

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

People were still posting post-match commentary of Westwood like he still played for us and not irrelevant Burnley.

Meanwhile this is a noteworthy and hilarious news story that I've also seen on another football forum of another team (Redcafe). Are they obsessed too? It's a complete false equivalency. 

No they're not obsessed. They're choosing to discuss a football topic, like others have with westwood. My obsessed comment was tongue in cheek, aimed at the hypocrites who used it. 

Grade A tool, no doubt, but did the aforementioned tool provide us with our best spell of football and best memories in about the last 5 years? Yep. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is Ashley Westwood being brought up in an unrelated Tim Sherwood thread?

sounds pretty par for the course.

Not really. The hypocrisy of posters who like to take the piss was brought up. And it was the thread, not player, that was brought up. 

I'm sure you realised that though. 

To begin with it was all laughs and good intentions about turning around a terrible situation. But disorder soon set in, disharmony and anger followed, resulting in tears before bedtime and a sudden demise.

Essentially, Sherwood's reign at Villa was the managerial equivalent of "Lord of the Flies".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

To begin with it was all laughs and good intentions about turning around a terrible situation. But disorder soon set in, disharmony and anger followed, resulting in tears before bedtime and a sudden demise.

Essentially, Sherwood's reign at Villa was the managerial equivalent of "Lord of the Flies".

Or my love life. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not really. The hypocrisy of posters who like to take the piss was brought up. And it was the thread, not player, that was brought up. 

what I realised was Ashley Westwood's name being brought up with a flimsy at best comparison and in doing so you made the most ironic post of the year

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Grade A tool, no doubt, but did the aforementioned tool provide us with our best spell of football and best memories in about the last 5 years? Yep. 

Not really no. Unless you want to celebrate getting to the cup final. The final itself was shambolic but seems people have forgotten this. Terrible final with one of the worst managers I have ever witnessed in the dugout. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Haha reason it how you like. 

Moaning about people posting in the westwood thread after he'd left calling them obsessed, and then posting in a Sherwood thread is laughable. 

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No they're not obsessed. They're choosing to discuss a football topic, like others have with westwood. My obsessed comment was tongue in cheek, aimed at the hypocrites who used it. 

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Speaking of hypocrisy ;) 

On 2/20/2017 at 18:04, DCJonah said:

And yet more posters who enter a thread and post nothing about the topic. Just the content in it. 

Obsessed is definitely the word. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 18:43, Xela said:

Best and worst. Even in the season he kept us up we had utterly humiliating performances in the FA Cup final and away to Southampton, his stint in the season after, well, disgraceful. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Â