The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do you think Garde if appointed at time of Sherwood was appointed would have kept us up? 

I think there's a chance he would have, yes. But it's very difficult to say because I don't think any of us have seen the real Garde. Just the Garde that inherited the absolute circus that Sherwood left behind.

I'm positive he'd have made a better go of the following season than Sherwood in that scenario.

Edited by Stevo985

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Sherwood is just being judged for the FA Cup final performance and the 10 games or so he was in charge the following season.

He is. 

I specifically said I was saying he was the worst manager we've ever had based on the level of performance we reached.

That period was the worst we have ever been, after spending £50m. 

That relegated us.

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Nobody is singing his praise just to be contrarian. They're mentioning what they think was good about his time here whilst also mostly acknowledging he was a word removed.

Most are but some do heap far more praise on him than is warranted. All I'm saying is that in my opinion I think some do it just to be contrarian.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

That doesn't tell the whole story though does it. He didn't spend 50 mill trying to improve the squad that just about avoided relegation the previous season. He spent 50 mill trying to improve a squad that had just lost its four best players from the previous season where it just avoided relegation.

It was a big ask for any manager let alone for one that had never purchased or sold a player before and who was working in conflict it seems with Paddy Reilly and others at the club.

I personally am not sure 50 mill was ever enough to replace Benteke who was a 30 mill forward, Delph who we got 8 mill for but was worth twice that, Vlaar and Cleverley one who was out of contract the other never our player. The true market value of those four players was probably around 60 mill and we had 50 mil to replace them and others including Weimann and Given.

We have again seen this season that it costs a lot of money to completely overhaul a squad. We spent 55 mill in the summer that left us with a squad struggling to compete mid table in the Championship. We have since spent another 20 odd mill in January. Again though I am just throwing out figures without taking into account who we had to replace.

Sherwood contributed to our decline no doubt about that but like McLeish, Lambert, Garde, Fox, Faulkner he was just a bit part player in the over all neglect by Randy Lerner. That neglect was what relegated us.

I'd agree with all of this. I think it was a very tough job in the summer and I'm far from convinced they were all his signings.

Like McLeish, I think he was put in a terrible position. Sherwood lost the man that had kept us up for 3 years, who was going to be near impossible to replace him. Like McLeish had us going fairly comfortable until Bent's season was over. Not much you can really do at that point.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He is. 

I specifically said I was saying he was the worst manager we've ever had based on the level of performance we reached.

That period was the worst we have ever been, after spending £50m. 

That relegated us.

We spent more than that this season and are even worse because we are playing at a much lower level.

• 1 month later...

I know it's petty, but seeing our former managers and especially Sherwood failing is one of the very few things I've enjoyed with this season.

Feel sorry for the Swindon fans thou who's club has been had by this total charlatan.

• Like 1

Obsessed. Or does that just apply to Westwood?

Sherwood is a tool. I can't believe i actually was behind this man at some point. He's going to retire with two premier league management positions on his CV, which is just incredible. 

Nothing this man could do would surprise me. Is he an only child by any chance?
I am guessing he was a very spoilt child, when we lost he was close to tears at some points, and that just isn't **** normal. I am guessing his Mommy and Daddy never taught him about being gracious, and not everyone can win all the time.

Playing monopoly at home as a young boy, lands on Go To Jail, flips the board, pieces everywhere, board bent in half, christmas tree kicked over, hyperventilating, eyes watering, hands shaking. "There there Timmy, please calm down, please Timmy, We will buy you whatever you want.,"

Swindon lost the game 1-0 but won both matches for which their director of football was banished from the stadium - at Coventry and at home against Gillingham.

Since being allowed back into the stands, Sherwood has seen the Robins lose on four consecutive occasions.

Â