The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Another insipid appointment.

In the summer, Karanca, Warburton, De Boer, McLaren, Garde, Eddie Howe, to name a few would all have been available, and we give a 3 year contract to someone who got the sack after only 28 games in charge of any football club.An absolutely ridiculous decision, yet again, and i fear this is the start of a downnward spiral.

Nothing against Sherwood, i just don't see what he offers.

• Like 3

The team spirit in our camp is, and has been for a while, quite high. I can imagine if Tim disappoints just one player, then the whole of the squad aren't going to be very happy. Potentially disastrous but now it is complete we have to support him otherwise we will be plummeting down the leagues.   

• Like 1

The fans approval on our last three appointments:

McCleish 0%

Lambert 100%

Sherwood 50%

So, what you are saying is that us fans know nothing  :P

Any news on whether he'll be in the dugout tomorrow? Possibly too early i'd imagine.

I expect he'll just be watching in some capacity

He'll be being fitted for his gillet in the club shop

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Welcome Tim, its a gamble but he could turn out to be really good for us, given what else was available and our complete lack of any kind of coaching set up to fill the void he's probably the best we could have gotten. He seems to win against the "lesser" teams and play some very attacking football. Despite our league position we have a stronger first team than a few around us so fingers crossed we can get some wins against the teams around us and score some goals in the process!

I look forward to players like Gabby, who've been stealing wages, getting a boot up the arse and dropped to the bench.

Not getting into a player debate on here, but how can someone be considered "stealing wages" by playing poorly, but subsequently not be considered to be "stealing wages" when they earn the same wages and dont even play?

The team spirit in our camp is, and has been for a while, quite high. I can imagine if Tim disappoints just one player, then the whole of the squad aren't going to be very happy. Potentially disastrous but now it is complete we have to support him otherwise we will be plummeting down the leagues.

team sprit has been high?

• Like 2

Not the most exciting appointment but the one I expected.   Never really understood the abuse he got at Spurs, he seemed to be a figure of fun in the media for reasons which had more to do with his personality than his ability to manage a football club.  He's got a lot to prove so I expect him to be extremely motivated by that fact.   I expect survival this year and maybe 50 points next season if we stay up so for now I'm behind the appointment.  Good luck Tim, you'll definitely need it. 

• Like 1

Â