The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He (Guzan)looked nervous all through the game. He has saved us on many occasions, so its hard to over react on one game.

I thought he looked liked he was getting agitated with his defenders and lost his own concentration.

Only tim is close enough to it all to know what to do.

Edited by TRO

As Isa said on another thread, the midfield display against Liverpool was the best in years.

The three in there all had defined roles and played them out to perfection, Westwood playing the Petrov role of sitting infront of the back 4 intercepting and starting off attacking moves, Cleverley pressing and being the continuity midfielder and Delph getting forward at every opportunity.

It's what I've wanted to see from our midfield for years. The problem with say Lambert was he'd just tell those three to all sit infront of the back 4 and effectively do the same job, Delph was hardly ever breaking into our box.

Tonight was a bit different with Sanchez also in, it was clear Sherwood had studied previous games against City where Toure has single handedly demolished us and wanted to reduce his and Silva's space. It so nearly worked as we limited City to very little aside from the cheap individual error goals and a free kick.

I have to say with each passing game the "Tactics Tim" moniker from deluded Spurs fans has to be one of the most ill-fitting given to someone in football for quite a while as Sherwood has been very flexible so far and exactly what I wanted Lambert to be like.

• Like 3

Can't fault him. I am loving LOVING my club!!!!! :)

Robbed today... **** robbed.

Too right, also two months ago most neutrals wanted us to get relegated due to our hopeless, sleep inducing football

Right now I reckon most neutrals want us to stay up as we'd add something exciting to the league, that makes me very happy

14 goals in Sherwood's nine league games here. 12 goals in the previous 25.

Tim is right. If we can tighten up on the errors a little, we should have more than enough to get some good points in our last 4 games (especially with 3 of them at home).

Thats a big 'If' - sure we look to have enough in the tank to stay up - but I always feel we are going to be a bit suspect at the back - and once you get such a reputation it makes it difficult as teams always feel they have a chance...

Tim is right. If we can tighten up on the errors a little, we should have more than enough to get some good points in our last 4 games (especially with 3 of them at home).

Thats a big 'If' - sure we look to have enough in the tank to stay up - but I always feel we are going to be a bit suspect at the back - and once you get such a reputation it makes it difficult as teams always feel they have a chance...

Teams will also know that we always have a chance of scoring...

So hang on we pilliored Lambert (rightly) for never scoring and now we're criticising Sherwood because we're more attacking and inevitably we'll concede a few more as a result.

If it was that simple we'd be like Chelsea and winning 1-0 every week and obviously we're a million miles from that standard.

So hang on we pilliored Lambert (rightly) for never scoring and now we're criticising Sherwood because we're more attacking and inevitably we'll concede a few more as a result.

If it was that simple we'd be like Chelsea and winning 1-0 every week and obviously we're a million miles from that standard.

Ive watched many a villa side that could score goals - without being powder puff at the back. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Ive watched many a villa side that could score goals - without being powder puff at the back. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

This is true to an extent. It's a very difficult balance to find and we are clearly a work in progress. Though it is fair to say that these same players defended so fantastically well in the last two games that I'm not ready to call it a trend yet.

It's also worth pointing out that teams who don't score goals can't win football matches, so of the two we are on the right side.

• Like 2

Well best season in recent years was 09/10 of course but we still had results like Chelsea 7-1 and Arsenal 3-0 in that season so conceding a few goals to better teams shock.

First two season under MON we conceded plenty of goals yet still finished 6th.

That sky presenter was really irritItaing Sherwood, trying to get a response out if him that would get Tim in trouble. Thought Sherwood handled it well

We definitely put a good account of ourselves. We'll done Tim

That sky presenter was really irritItaing Sherwood, trying to get a response out if him that would get Tim in trouble. Thought Sherwood handled it well

We definitely put a good account of ourselves. We'll done Tim

I thought the same, he was really trying to wind him up and get a sound bite. Smarty word removed.

Edited by rodders0223

I have to say with each passing game the "Tactics Tim" moniker from deluded Spurs fans has to be one of the most ill-fitting given to someone in football for quite a while as Sherwood has been very flexible so far and exactly what I wanted Lambert to be like.

But what do you expect from the Southern epicenter of the Deluded?

He (Guzan)looked nervous all through the game. He has saved us on many occasions, so its hard to over react on one game.

I thought he looked liked he was getting agitated with his defenders and lost his own concentration.

Guzan has made more mistakes this year that have led to goals

Can't fault him. I am loving LOVING my club!!!!! :)

Robbed today... **** robbed.

Too right, also two months ago most neutrals wanted us to get relegated due to our hopeless, sleep inducing football

Right now I reckon most neutrals want us to stay up as we'd add something exciting to the league, that makes me very happy

it was that bad I wanted us to go down :P

Guzan has made more mistakes this year that have led to goals

but their winning goal.....its was a poor marking exercise.

Â