Jimmy vs Shaun - Who would you sign?

Grant(aka_eddy)

Who would you sign for £10 Million?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign for £10 Million?

• Milner
    • SWP

And the winner is...

Milner is a hard worker who gives his all, but he will never have the quality to be an England regular

An SWP with confidence blows Milner out of the water easily and i'll be delighted if he signs.

I'd be happy if Milner signed but to me he only has a limited ability, he will never play for a top club and will never regularly play for England. If he had pace that would be a different story but he doesn't have that vital pace that a winger needs, unless they are very clever players which Milner isn't.

Milner is not a £10m player.

I was right. Kinda. :mrgreen:

I still think the £12m we paid for Milner was expensive, it was certainly at the absolute upper end of his worth. I guess like Ashley Young, it proves that MON will spend if he feels its right.

One cool thing about the net is it does archive how things were at a given point in time. Three years ago I think SWP could be seen as being ahead of Milner in terms of ability, but I guess time has proven that SWP's best football is almost certainly behind him, while Milner goes from strength to strength.

Milner is not a £10m player.

at that time I'd have agreed 100% with that statement tbf

even £12m seemed a lot , but it now appears as though we got a bargain

I'll just repeat what I said on the last page, he wasn't a £10m player in 2007, and £12m was expensive when we bought him a year later even allowing for the insane level of inflation in transfer fees. SWP has done little to nothing since this thread was originally made, and he looks a shadow of the player he was between 2003-2005. His best football is almost certainly behind him. Milner has thrived since his move into central midfield and only looks set to improve.

I'll just repeat what I said on the last page, he wasn't a £10m player in 2007

Still, it's fun to quote.....

And in fairness Afonso Alves wasn't a 10 million pound player, Jimmy on the other hand was a kid with loads of potential and a good sell on value.

Â