Riga - Latvia

lapal_fan

Went in June.

Firstly had a cracking time, so many green areas littered around Riga, lots of new development as well so its not run down at all really. Travelled by taxi to the nearest beach one day and that was really nice as well, all redeveloped with new shops and restaurants with a long promenade type thing. Big town hall with traditional dancing going on.

Prices for food and beer were all reasonable, locals were friendly enough and helpful. Wasn't much in the way of clubs but lots of pubs/bars littered around.

Would definitely recommend for anyone thinking of going.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from RIga, wow what a city. Loved it, wasn't as cprrupt as I thought it would be. people were generally friendly. Was cheap and tonnes of bars/clubs which were all enjoyable. Food was good too. Recommend for a stag.

But the customer service is absolutely dire be warned

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been pricing up going in July, next year. It'll be my birthday, and also Black Sabbath are playing there. Anyone recommend the cheapest way to get there directly, and a decent hotel to stay in (centrally or near the arena)?

Not too far off! Flying on my birthday, and getting into Riga at about midday, is £37!

Traveling the day before, I can't get a direct flight, and it puts £100 on the cost! Strange! Only issue I'd have is, I'd have to get to Manchester airport for a 6:30 flight, and stay awake for the gig on the night. Hmmm...

Edited by dAVe80

Â