Pre match thread

roonst83

Marshall and Marshall's claret and blue army.

Marshall's Squared Claret Blue Army!

Complete change in order for me

................Given

Lowton.Vlaar.Baker.Richardson

.........Sanchez.Delph

Gil...........Cole...........Sinclair

.............Benteke

Subs: Guzan, Clark, Hutton, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Weimann, Gabby

Wtf is wrong with you?

plenty ;)

Got to have a least one scapegoat in the team.

• Like 1

I think Vlaar has to come back in. I'd drop Okore who I think has dropped his standard a little the last couple of games. Not surprising really as its his first stint in the team. Benteke also needs to start. I'd have Sanchez in front of the back 4 then it's a toss up between Westwod Bacuna and Cleverley alongside Delph in a 433 with Gil taking up a wide roll. I'd probably go with Sinclair out of the 3 available and he needs match fitness. So

Given

Hutton Vlaar Clark Cissokho

Bacuna Sanchez Delph

Gil Benteke Sinclair

Can easily be changed to 442 4231 aswell

Think I'd try a Gil/Benteke front pair for this. See if Gil buzzing around the big lad causes damage. Grealish and Robinson should play some part. Really couldn't care less about this other than the boost in confidence a win might deliver.

New man will be watching regardless of whether he's been appointed or even present. Every potential Villa manager will be watching this and forming opinions. We might see a reaction.

Don't understand why people want Sinclair to start after his performance against Hull. I'd rather we give Grealish a chance. 

His first start in what a year should not define his level just yet. If he is awful for 3-4 matches, then yes he needs to be dropped. 

I'd like to see 

-----------------------Benteke---------------------------

-----Sinclair------------Gil--------------Grealish------

-----------------Delph-------Sanchez------------------

-----Cissoko---Baker------Vlaar-------Hutton------

-------------------------Guzan---------------------------

It's attacking which is what we need. I'd rather see us get battered 4-2 then see us lose 1-0. 

My 2 cents:

B9pg1fOIIAAVqv7.png

This is the line up i would pick if everyone was fit. Bang on the money.

I'm not so sure.

2 weeks ago I would have said yes, absolutely.

But I think this is certainly the formation Lambert was working towards, and probably even the lineup exactly.

Not sure if it would be better to try something different at this stage.

If the players were fed up with Lambert's approach, I'm not sure the best thing would be to line them up exactly as they would have lined up under Lambert

------------------Guzan--------------------

Lowton------Vlaar-----baker-------Ally

------------------Sanchez-----------------

---------Westwood----Delph------------

-----Gil---------------------------gabby---

------------------Benteke------------------

I'm tempted to see a back to basics approach for this one.

----------------------Guzan--------------------------

Hutton---------Vlaar------Okore----------Cissokho

Sinclair--------Sanchez----Delph---------Gil

----------------Benteke------Gabby/Weimann

Get the ball wide, give the attackers reason to be in the box. Gil and Sinclair swap occasionally. Sanchez sits and Delph supports the attack.

We've been so used to playing shit with a 433 formation we aren't just gonna start playing well and scoring loads just because Lambert has gone.

The players know the 442 formation and I reckon it will see us through this game.

Praying for at least 2 goals

2-1

UTV (Christ look how positive I am just because Lamberts gone. Definitely won't last)

Edited by sonic_bouma

My 2 cents:

B9pg1fOIIAAVqv7.png

This is the line up i would pick if everyone was fit. Bang on the money.

I'm not so sure.

2 weeks ago I would have said yes, absolutely.

But I think this is certainly the formation Lambert was working towards, and probably even the lineup exactly.

Not sure if it would be better to try something different at this stage.

If the players were fed up with Lambert's approach, I'm not sure the best thing would be to line them up exactly as they would have lined up under Lambert

Exactly this. James Nursey has hinted players were clamouring for a 442 for a while

Don't understand why people want Sinclair to start after his performance against Hull. I'd rather we give Grealish a chance. 

His first start in what a year should not define his level just yet. If he is awful for 3-4 matches, then yes he needs to be dropped. 

I'd like to see 

-----------------------Benteke---------------------------

-----Sinclair------------Gil--------------Grealish------

-----------------Delph-------Sanchez------------------

-----Cissoko---Baker------Vlaar-------Hutton------

-------------------------Guzan---------------------------

It's attacking which is what we need. I'd rather see us get battered 4-2 then see us lose 1-0. 

Ok thats true enough, but I'd rather see him come off the bench and build up his performances that way. We're two games away from Wembley so lets give it our best shot and not have any passengers. 

• Like 1