• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

He's now striking me as a man who knows there's something wrong, that the club are in dire straights but he doesn't have a clue how to turn it around. I'm really, really hoping he salvages the little bit of dignity he has left and walks.

I think the opposite from his post match interview.....I still think he believes this is just glitch and everything will be ok

Until today I thought that it might still have been wiser to keep Lambert for the remainder of the season and take it from there if we stay up. This result does it for me though. At this point it's barely a gamble to go for another manager. I see it as a necessity, if anything just to spark something new into the situation that clearly isn't showing any signs of changing. In desperate times, desperate measures. Right now we're head high in a shit storm the size of Kansas so I believe now is the time to act. Sorry Lambert, I had my faith in you but that faith has dried up like a hungover liver.

• Like 1

That's it I think we have had it. Lambert is unsackable and the way it is going we are going down without barely a fight. For some reason I was fairly confident tonight of a win but this is really a hammer blow and I can't see the present regime finding a way out of this one. They couldn't find a way out of  a paper bag.

Just need a home defeat on terrestrial tv on Sunday to round off a classic Lambert week.

I feel a bit sick. 

Just got back. It was like visiting a much loved family member who is dieing from cancer before your eyes and the only guy who can remove the cancer is hundreds of miles away and can't really be bothered.

He/They are killing our club and neither cares enough to do the right thing ...... we're going down folks !!!

#lambertout

• Like 3

just got back from the game, the sh*t has really hit the fan now. We really don't look like scoring at all from anywhere on the pitch, can't win a header when its pumped up forward, no overlapping from the wing backs. Gil couldn't clear the 1st man everytime with his crossing/corners he wasn't great IMO.

Wake up and smell the coffee now villa, this is looking very worrying.

• Like 1

I want to thank Paul for making it so easy for me now to sleep through the night rather than get up at 4 am to watch the Villa.

Now i just look at my phone, chuckle grimly at the score and roll over for some more shut eye.

• Like 2

I want to thank Paul for making it so easy for me now to sleep through the night rather than get up at 4 am to watch the Villa.

Now i just look at my phone, chuckle grimly at the score and roll over for some more shut eye.

Same here Ponky, I used to have sore eyes and plenty of yawning after getting up at 4am but like you I now don't bother. Woke up at 6am, checked the score rolled over an went back to sleep, games recorded but it will be deleted without watching it.

Lambert out.

• Like 1

I really do like Lambert, I think his signings have generally been good and the direction he's been trying to move the club in is the right one.

But our record is appalling. We can't score goals, and our last two have come against clubs that we aren't competing with. It's no use playing well against the best teams if we can't do anything against those around us. He's had time to turn it around and he's been given the January window but it still isn't happening. The players we have are capable of more and it's time to see what another manager can get out of them.

Sorry Paul, I genuinely wish you the best for the future but it just isn't working anymore. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I've supported Lambert. I was of the belief that what he was trying to do was build something that at first would be painful but in the end would flourish. With Lerner giving him limited funds he was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shite. But when he decided to give Gabby a new contract I said, that's what he believes will make us better? Then as the weeks went by, the losses mounted as did the clean sheets by the opposing teams. Now after today's match, I find myself sipping battery acid with salt on the rim, as I lay in a the tub juggling a plugged in bread toaster wondering why the football gods hate us soooo much!!!! I know most wouldn't agree, but bring back Gregory for the stretch run.

Â