Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I've seen nothing from Sinclair yet that says he should be starting. I'm also not sure that Benteke did enough in his sub outing to start. If we can find a way to replace Cleverly in the middle, I'd be delighted - other than that, same team as against Chelsea for me.

But Sinclair has only had about 30 mins of game time....surely, too soon to judge!

Edited by westholmevillan

Got a feeling this will be 2-2. I know it seems absurd that we could score that many goals against prem opposition but i think both teams will be fired up, get carried away and there'll be many defensive mistakes. Hull will see this as an absolutely huge opportunity to kick on in their relegation battle and hopefully we will rally together after Saturday's performance and actually start to show some fight. 

I've seen nothing from Sinclair yet that says he should be starting. I'm also not sure that Benteke did enough in his sub outing to start. If we can find a way to replace Cleverly in the middle, I'd be delighted - other than that, same team as against Chelsea for me.

That's about where I am. I wouldn't be against SInclair starting, but a sub appearance against a team like Hull might actually be a better option.

Sanchez to come back in for Cleverley and I'd be happy with the same team as Chelsea.

I think people saying it's Lambert's biggest ever game are exaggerating - Hull at home last year was bigger. That said, we can't afford to lose. I think we'd better go 433 again:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Delph

Gil Weimann Agbonlahor

Benteke to come on after 60 mins for whoever has done least out of Gabby and Weimann 

1-1.

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton vlaar clark cissokho

gil Sanchez delph

Gabby Benteke Sinclair

This for me. We have problems getting the ball forward. Playing Westwood/Sanchez with cleverly and Delph is a massive issue. We need Gil on the ball in the centre with another attacker upfront. We don't need three defensive midfielders.

I believe we'll win, or won't lose at least. This is the sort of game that Lambert usually pulls out of the hat. I'd go for:

Guzan | Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho | Westwood Sánchez Delph | Gil Benteke Sinclair

I believe we'll win, or won't lose at least. This is the sort of game that Lambert usually pulls out of the hat. I'd go for:

Guzan | Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho | Westwood Sánchez Delph | Gil Benteke Sinclair

But but but, where's Cleverley?! We have to start him remember! [emoji14]

I'd like to see Gill, Westwood and Delph in midfield, with 2 of Gabby, Weimann or Sinclair either side of Benteke

Not for this one. I'd happily set up like that against Leicester at the weekend but our first priority has to be not losing this game, and then let's see if we can win it.

Guzan

Okore  Vlaar  Clark

Sanchez

Westwood                   Delph

Cole

Sinclair                                                Gil

Benteke

Subs: Given ,Hutton, Cissokho, Cleverley, Wiemann, Gabby, Nzogbia

Guzan

Okore  Vlaar  Clark

Sanchez

Westwood                   Delph

Cole

Sinclair                                                Gil

Benteke

Is this a serious post?

Guzan

Okore Vlaar Clark

Sanchez

Westwood Delph

Cole

Sinclair Gil

Benteke

Is this a serious post?
Actually not a bad shout I reckon. They'll hardly get out their half so we probably could do without full backs.
  • Like 1

I'd like to see Gill, Westwood and Delph in midfield, with 2 of Gabby, Weimann or Sinclair either side of Benteke

Not for this one. I'd happily set up like that against Leicester at the weekend but our first priority has to be not losing this game, and then let's see if we can win it.

I do agree with you but look how we've done so far setting up 'not to lose'. The best way to ensure you don't lose is score more than your opponent, so that midfield 3 should be fine considering there is a whole back 4 behind them.

We can't set ourselves up not to lose against Hull that will play right into Bruce's hands

We have to attack them like we have done previously and get the early goal like we did at VP this season when we played them and hound them like we did with Jbowz in the previous season

If we sit back and let Hull grow into the game and nick a goal i think we will struggle to equalize

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1